5th November 2011, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply in Marine Engineering after having an eyesight of -1.75?

Sir, this is Ankit Tewari from lucknow.i am in 12th right now and is willing to join marine engineering.My eyesight nis -1.75 can i apply for any marine engineering institution.

24th November 2011, 09:46 PM
mahi 16

Default Re: Can I apply in Marine Engineering after having an eyesight of -1.75?

yes you can apply in marine engineering.
if your eye is 6/6.
4th December 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply in Marine Engineering after having an eyesight of -1.75?

As i am girl who as eye sight and asthma can Join marine engineering
6th January 2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

sir I'm doing my b.e.mechanical engineering..I'm having sight -2...can I join m.e.marine engineering after undergoing laser treatment
6th January 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

sir I'm doing my b.e.mechanical engineering..I'm having sight -2...can I join m.e.marine engineering after undergoing laser treatment
10th January 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

can i join marine engineering if i have minus 3 eyesight
25th May 2012, 02:37 PM
denwer

Smile Re: Can I apply in Marine Engineering after having an eyesight of -1.75?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As i am girl who as eye sight and asthma can Join marine engineering
DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi...

I really appreciate your strong will to become a mariner. Marine engineering is the most demanded and challenging branch of the globe. To become a successful mariner you must have strong will to work outside home and you should be adventurous too.

You must be physically fit in all respect to join this course..

HERE ARE THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:-

Physical standards:- You must be physically fit in all respect. The minimum acceptable eye sight for standard vision is +2.5 or -2.5(must not exceed it.). You must not be colour blind and free from any type of eye diseases.
(THE PHYSICAL STANDARDS ARE ACCORDING TO THE NORMS OF D.G.SHIPPING. YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE A PHYSICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE FROM A RECOGNIZED D.G.SHIPPING DOCTOR AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION.)

So i personally suggest you not to get worried and just go for it...

Thank you and all the best!!!
25th May 2012, 10:15 PM
denwer

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply in Marine Engineering after having an eyesight of -1.75?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, this is Ankit Tewari from lucknow.i am in 12th right now and is willing to join marine engineering.My eyesight nis -1.75 can i apply for any marine engineering institution.
DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi..
Marine engineering is one of the most demanded and challenging branch of the globe. It is also a well known fact that marine engineers are the highest paid engineers. To join such courses you have to be adventurous and courageous.

The various requirements to join marine engineering courses are:-

Education qualification:- 10+2 or equivalent with physics or maths. (Minimum marks in PCM in class 12th must be 60%).

Physical standards:- You must be physically fit in all respect. The minimum acceptable eye sight for standard vision is +2.5 or -2.5(must not exceed it.). You must not be colour blind and free from any type of eye diseases.
(THE PHYSICAL STANDARDS ARE ACCORDING TO THE NORMS OF D.G.SHIPPING. YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE A PHYSICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE FROM A RECOGNIZED D.G.SHIPPING DOCTOR AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION.)

The various reputed institutes along with their admission procedures are listed below:-

1. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), TARATALA, KOLKATA.

2. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE, MUMBAI.

3. LAL BAHUDAR SHASHTRI COLLEGE OF ADVANCED MARITIME STUDIES AND RESEARCH, MUMBAI.

4. NATIONAL MARITIME ACADEMY, CHENNAI.

5. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PORT MANAGEMENT, KOLKATA.

Admission procedure:- Admission to all these colleges are through IIT-JEE or examination conducted by IMU,chennai.

6. COCHIN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (K.M. SCHOOL OF MARINE ENGINEERING), KOCHI.

Admission procedure:- Through the entrance exam conducted by the university namely CUSAT-CAT.

Fee structure:- Marine engineering course is a little costly. It may cost you Rs 2,21,000/- to Rs. 2,50,000/- (including all) per year. However the fee structure may vary depending upon the college you opt for.

Thank you and all the best!!!
26th May 2012, 02:12 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

WELL FRIEND!!!!

You say that you have a keen interest in marine field....let me put forward my answer for your query....

HERE ARE THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:-

You must be physically fit in all respect to join this course..

You can move forward towards your path to join marine....

ALL THE VERY BEST!!!!!
1st August 2012, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

I have eye sight -2.5 and -4.0..cn i join marine engineering...plz also tl me the courses with respect to my sight.
13th March 2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

I have eye sight -5,so can i apply for marine engg?
4th May 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

how many marks want in JEE
10th May 2013, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

i have an astigmatism can i take marine engineering in college?
8th June 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

i have got operation for stone .can i apply for merchant neavy.?
30th August 2013, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

can i become a marine engr even im color blind? but not that serious color blind.
9th May 2016, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I am having eyesight of -3.00. Can I join Marine Engineering if it is corrected by laser surgery?
23rd June 2016, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12th right and I am willing to choose Marine engineering. I am having eyesight of -5 . So can I join Marine I engineering if it is corrected after laser operation ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?