21st March 2012, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Where I can get admission after getting 5245 rank in GATE exam? Is there any separate counselling for colleges in AP? I belong to OBC category

sir,
I got 5245 rank in gate, and iam obc category.. i want to know where can i get admission...? is there separate counselling for gate qualifier candidates in A.P state. i want to take admission in Andhra pradesh, what is the processes for taking admission..? can i get admission in JNTU-H in electrical stream.. please provide me information about all questions i have..
thanking you sir,

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get admission in IP after scoring 28903 rank in IP? I belong to OBC category
  2. Can I get admission in M.Tech program in DTU after scoring 28 marks in GATE exam? I belong to OBC category
  3. Can get admission in government colleges of Kerala with the GATE score of 339? I belong to OBC category
  4. Admissions to colleges on gate score for OBC category?
  5. How to get admission in IIT after scoring 695 rank in GATE?
  6. NITs after 2949 rank in GATE and belonging to OBC category?
  7. Can I get a seat in IIIT after securing 146 marks in JEE mains and 96% in intermediate?
  8. Can I get admission in NIT, Warangal if secured 98.84 percentile in GATE being an OBC candidate?
  9. Can I get any NIT after scoring AIR of 4 lakhs?
  10. List of colleges in South India I can apply for with GATE rank 183934 in ECE Branch? I belong to OBC category
  11. Can i get any NITs after scoring 46233 AIR? I belong to OBC category
  12. Is it possible to get into NITs with a rank of 110 in AIEEE?
  13. When GATE counselling will be conducted? How to know the counselling date for different colleges? Procedure of counselling?
  14. Will I be considered local or non local if done 10th in Bahrain and +2 in Hyderabad? -- [New]
  15. Will I get any NIT after scoring 29.67 marks? Which other colleges can I apply for?
  16. Which college should I choose during AIEEE counseling after scoring 59013 in AIEEE? Which colleges can I apply on the basis of my AIEEE rank? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What rank should I have to get to get admission in NITs being a candidate of 10+2 with OBC category?
  18. How may I get the admission in engineering colleges of Rajsthan for B.Tech course through AIEEE? Is there any separate counselling be conduct for the same?
4th June 2013, 12:50 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Where I can get admission after getting 5245 rank in GATE exam? Is there any separate counselling for colleges in AP? I belong to OBC category

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in Engineering and Technology. It is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and 7 IITs (IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi, IIT Madras and IIT Kanpur) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India. The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to various post-graduate programmes (eg. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The score may also be used by Public sector units for employment screening purposes.

Hence, if you have qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering you are eligible to apply for admission. However, you haven't mentioned whether it is a state rank or AIR. You even haven't mentioned the branch in which you want to apply for admission. There is certainly a different counselling for GATE qualifiers in different IIT's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?