15th May 2012, 09:14 PM
ashcash

How should I enroll for Air Force? What is the qualification required?

hi!!!!!!
plz help me as i want to enroll my self in airfoce.....
can anyone tell me is it gud for girls???
and if yes than wht is the qulification requred???
plz help

24th May 2012, 04:04 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I enroll for Air Force? What is the qualification required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcash View Post
hi!!!!!!
plz help
Being a women Candidate, you may join Indian Air Force (Short Service Commission).
Now, depending upon your qualification, you mat join any of the following branches of Indian Air Force:

Flying Branch: For Flying Branch, you must have completed graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks and must have studied Physics and Mathematics in the higher secondary level. The minimum eligible age to apply for this particular branch is 19 years and the maximum age limit is 23 years.

Technical Branch: For Technical Branch, you must have completed B.Tech Program, preferably in Electronics, Mechanical or Aeronautical engineering, with a minimum of 60% marks. The age limit for the same is 18-28 years.

Meteorological Branch: For this particular branch, you must hold a post-graduate degree in any of the following subjects and have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the same:

Mathematics-Statistics-Geography-Computer Applications-Environmental Science-Applied Physics-Oceanography-Meteorology-Agricultural-Meteorology-Ecology & Environment-Geo-physics-Environmental Biology-Science.
Apart from this, you must have studied Physics and Mathematics in the Bachelors Degree program and have scored atleast 50% in each of the these subjects.

For recruitment in all the branches mentioned above, the Air Force Selection Board conducts Air Force Common Admission Test and the notification for the same is published in the month of June and December every year.
25th May 2012, 02:45 AM
GOUTHAMMADDY

Default Re: How should I enroll for Air Force? What is the qualification required?

Its quite a brave decision to choose AIR FORCE as a career option being a lady.However you can surely turn out into a successful woman once you enter into the IAF.As an officer with the Indian Air Force, you will lead and manage, and will be posted either as a Pilot, or a Navigator, or a Technical or a Ground Duty officer in any one of the Air Force bases.

As you are a girl you can enter the IAF only with a graduation,where as boys can join even after their 12th by giving their N.D.A exam.So,girls can join Indian Air Force through CDS exam.

There will be a common exam held which is called AFCAT (Airforce Common Admission Test).
This exam is held for three branches:

1) Technical branch
2) Flying branch
3) Ground duty branch (Meteorological,Logistics,Administration)

You should have a minimum of 152 cm height and Eye sight should be 6/6,you should be unmarried and free from all types of diseases.

ALL THE BEST

GOUTHAM.
25th May 2012, 08:23 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How should I enroll for Air Force? What is the qualification required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcash View Post
hi!!!!!!
plz help
There are various branches of Indian Air force in which you can apply after the graduation such as FLYING BRANCH, TECHNICAL BRANCH and GROUND DUTY BRANCH.
You can join Indian Air force through combined defence service examination and through Air force common admission test.

CDS Examination
This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year for the selection of candidate as an officer. For the CDS examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and Maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

AFCAT exam

This exam is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year for the selection of candidate as an officer in various branches of Indian Air force such as flying branch, Technical branch and Ground duty branch.
For the AFCAT examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
For the Technical branch only the engineering students are eligible.

Age Limit
FLYING BRANCH
19-23 YEARS

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-28 YEARS

GROUND DUTY BRANCH
20-23 YEARS
25th May 2012, 11:59 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: How should I enroll for Air Force? What is the qualification required?

HEllo Friend,

Being a women Candidate, you may join Indian Air Force (Short Service Commission).
I suggest you that you should do join technical branch .

Technical Branch: For Technical Branch, you must have completed B.Tech Program, preferably in Electronics, Mechanical or Aeronautical engineering, with a minimum of 60% marks. The age limit for the same is 18-28 years.

Thank You!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?