15th June 2012, 03:13 PM
shefali d

Detailed Information regarding UGC NET Exam?

complete information about ugcnet

15th June 2012, 05:44 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed Information regarding UGC NET Exam?

hai
The examination details of the ugc net is below:
Candidates should secure a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this test.Those candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination can also apply.
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only.
The complete details and the application forms can be downloaded from the site below:
www.ugc.ac.in
15th June 2012, 07:54 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefali d View Post

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is conducted by University Grants Commission twice in a year . Mostly this examination is conducted in the month of June and December .

Minimum Qualification for NET :-

Candidate should have a completed Master degree with any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and you must secure at least 55% aggregate marks in your examination . 5% aggregate marks for reserved categories .

Candidates who are appearing in the final year of master degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination but pre-final year of degree may not eligible to apply for this examination . If you are failed in the Main examination then you are disqualified from the NET examination .

The candidate must not have more than 28 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories . There is no upper age limits for Lectureship examination .

This year notification was already announced and last date for receipt of application on 10 / 05/12 and the examination will be held on 24/06/12 .

Candidate can apply for this examination in two modes :- 1)Online 2)Offline

Examination Fees :- 450 / - for General candidate , 225 for OBC candidates , 110 for reserved categories .

Offline application forms are available in the official website of UGC and previous year question papers and Syllabus of NET examination .

More details , Visit the official website :- www.ugcnetonline.in
15th June 2012, 08:05 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

NET eligibility criteria:-

For giving UGC NET u need to have a master Degree. You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

For Junior Research Fellowship-max 28yrs.

For lectureship-no upper age limit.

For more information please log onto this website:- www.ugcnetonline.in
15th June 2012, 09:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

UGC NET - UNIVERSITY GRANT COMMISSION NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by UGC for selection of Lectureship and award to JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) and the exam for which is held two times a year one in June and other in December.

ELIGIBILITY FOR NET:-

-The candidate mustbe an Indian Citizen
-Should have completed post Graduation in any stream with at least 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate)
-The candidate should not be bellow 19 years of age but should not be above 28 years for those applying for JRF when there is no such upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship.

The aspiring candidate can apply for NET through both on line and off line mode by paying examination fee for Rs.450.00 for General candidate and for Rs.225.00 for OBC candidate and for Rs.110.00 for SC/ST candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugcnetonline.in
15th June 2012, 09:56 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

University Grant Commision

NET exam conduct by UGC every year two time in the months of June and
December.

This exam held for jrf and lecturership.

Notifications comes in months of March and September in Employment News and ugc website also.

you can apply online only on the UGC website-- www.ugc.ac.in.

To apply net from following link-- http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

Post graduation in any subject with 55% from any recognised university.

Age for jrf should be maximum 28 year.

There is no upper age limit for lecturership.

For more detail---- www.ugc.ac.in
15th June 2012, 10:31 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam being conducted by the university Grant Commission once in a year.

This exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lecture ship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should complete the post graduation from any recognized university.

There is the candidate should have to score a minimum of 55% marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st categories.

Age limit:

there is no upper age limit for the candidate lecture ship.

But the JRF candidate the age limit is between 19 to 28 years.

Notification:

This year notification
was already announced
and last date for receipt
of application on 10 /
05/12 and the
examination will be held
on 24/06/12 .

The application process is two types:

for more details visit the website

http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

all the best.
22nd June 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Is there any sciope to give NET in Information Technology?what is its syllabus. Though there are some common factors similar with Computer Science. But IT(Information Technology)are fur different from Computer Science. Waiting for your valuable reply.
18th July 2012, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

what is the syallabus of net
30th July 2012, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

what a difference between jrf and net
6th August 2012, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

what is jrf.how many paper are there in the examination?
9th August 2012, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

I am planning to appear for UGC NET exam in philosophy. I want to know the number of sections in the question paper. What is the pattern of the paper?
20th August 2012, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing my mba in hr and tourism..this is my final year and i want my optional subject to give exam is hr can plz give me detailed information regarding the course paper
27th August 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

WHICH SUBJECT CAN I TAKE FOR NET I COMPLETE MY MCOM
27th August 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

I studying M A political science ll nd year in distance education ( corespondce) can I have eligibility to apply net exam
6th September 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.com and i am going on M.com (pre.) can i apply for NET dec 2012 exam.
15th September 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

date to feel the form for net exam 2012
16th September 2012, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I have done my MBA in Marketing
(CC) and my age is 28 year ,pls advise for my eligibility for ugc net
pls mail to me :- [email protected]
17th September 2012, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I lost my admit card of 24th June 2012 net exam. I want to know my seat number. from where I could get it?
19th September 2012, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

THE NET EXAM VALID FOR ENGG. STUDENT
20th September 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

sir, plz tell me am i eligible for net exam if i have completed my PGDBA (post graduate diploma in business administration) from Symbiosis center for distance learning, pune. It is a DEC, government of India approved Institution. I have secured 61% in it. Plz solve my query. my mail id is: [email protected]. can also contact me :09716947602
21st September 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have obtained my ph.d degree through distance mood.am i eligible for net exam?
22nd September 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I have done my MBA in Marketing in distance education ( corespondce) can I have eligibility to apply net exam

reply me [email protected]
24th September 2012, 11:29 PM

please send me the syllabus of anthropology and the date of application for December
net.
28th October 2012, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

how we can become a permanant lecturer in indian university after clearing NET exam.Is any intrview or other exam conducted by UGC or imdovidual university.
28th October 2012, 11:22 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Detailed Information regarding UGC NET Exam?

Quote:

NET stands for National Eligibility Test
Conducted by UGC every Year....

If you are aspiring to apply for NET exam then you have to Qualify in the following Qualification.....

This exam is conducted for Two Post:
  1. Junior Research
  2. Lectureship

• A candidate must have completed their Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities. there are Relaxation Available for SC/ST category.
  • A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA.
  • No Age Limit for Applying NET.

Books for NET Exam:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship & Lectureship Exam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSIR UGC NET JRF Exam 2012 - Books

You can download previous years Question paper from Here : Click Here

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
28th October 2012, 11:41 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

DEAR FRIEND...

National Eligibility Test (NET) 2012 is a common written test for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science.

Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has announced the exam dates for National Eligibility Test 2012 which will be conducted in the month of December 2012. The NET entrance exam will be held on Sunday, December 23, 2012.

Eligibility Criteria for CSIR UGC NET December 2012:

The candidates should have completed BS-4 years program/BE/B.Tech/B.Pharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (50% for SC/ST candidates, physically and visually handicapped candidates).

Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.

BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST candidates, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply.

For more details on the eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.

http://www.ugcnetonline.in

Important Dates:

Last date for receipt of application form: Monday, September 24, 2012.
Date of written test: Sunday, December 23, 2012.
28th October 2012, 05:17 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Detailed Information regarding UGC NET Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i have obtained my ph.d degree through distance mood.am i eligible for net exam?

==A candidate must have completed their Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities. there are Relaxation Available for SC/ST category.

==A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA.

==No Age Limit for Applying NET.

GOOD LUCK...........
28th October 2012, 05:48 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Detailed Information regarding UGC NET Exam?

Hello Friend ,

As per your question First of all i would like to give you detail about important criteria/eligibility that an individual must posses in order to sit for this exam.

1.Minimum criteria is to have M.A degree in any subject with atleast 55% aggregate marks (50% for ST/SC).
2.Candidate age within 19 - 28 years.

Exam Are Generally Conducted i the Month of June ,candidates can fill application form through online and as well as offline mode too by visiting the official page : http://www.ugc.ac.in/

Examination Fees :- 450 /- for General candidate
225/- for OBC candidates
110/- for reserved categories.

Exam Pattern Are As Follows :

The General Paper (Paper I) is common for all aspirants and has 60 objective questions on Teaching & Research Aptitude of which only 50 questions are to be attempted. The paper gauges the teaching, research capabilities and awareness of candidates.

Paper II and Paper III are subject specific and number of questions allotted to each section is 50 and 75 respectively wherein all questions are compulsory. All three papers are conducted on the same day of examination in two separate sessions of 2 ½ hours each.

The marks required for passing the test is 40, 40 and 75 for the first, second, and third papers respectively in the case of general category candidates. In case of reserved category candidates (OBC) the passing marks are 35, 35, 68 and that for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/ Physically Handicapped/ Visually Handicapped candidates are 35, 35, and 60 in the first, second, and third papers respectively.

Hope This Helps You ...
All The Best ....
28th October 2012, 06:26 PM
25ishutiwari

The candidate mustbe an Indian Citizen. Should have completed post Graduation in any stream with at least 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate). The candidate should not be bellow 19 years of age but should not be above 28 years for those applying for JRF when there is no such upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship. The aspiring candidate can apply for NET through both on line and off line mode by paying examination fee for Rs.450.00 for General candidate and for Rs.225.00 for OBC candidate and for Rs.110.00 for SC/ST candidate.
11th November 2012, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

information of net exam for botany subject(science)?
4th January 2013, 09:06 PM

Smile Re: Detailed Information regarding UGC NET Exam?

hiii
i have post graduate in poltical science with 56%marks now what i will do for net exam
14th January 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

How to do study for net ? Is it very difficult exam ?
18th February 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell me the dates of application for 2013 net exam.
1st March 2013, 11:26 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Information Regarding NET Examination :-
==================================

NET stands for National Eligibility Test . This Examination Conducted by UGC ( University Grants Commission ) . This Examination is held twice in year during the Month of June and December .

Application Procedure :-
====================

-You may apply for this Examination in online mode .
-You may download the examination application from official website of UGC.
-The Cost of application form Rs:- 400 /- for General candidate and Rs:- 200 /- for OBC candidate and Rs:- 100 for SC/ST candidates .

The Notification of this Examination may published in Employment news paper and Official website of UGC . You may collect more details from Employment news papers . So, I suggest you to go through the Employment news paper .

For More Information :- http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
2nd March 2013, 01:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

University Grants Commission - National Eligibility Test is a bi annual entrance exam for college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. Any candidate who wish to apply for lectureship job in central government colleges has to first clear the National Eligibility Test.

Only a post graduate candidate is eligible for the National Eligibility Test. The test is conducted by the University Grants Commission in June and December of every year. The results as well the date of examination are made available on the official website of University Grants Commission. You will also have to visit the website to register for the entrance exam.

Eligibility Criteria

1. NET is open only for the Indian citizens.

2. To appear you must have a post graduation degree.

3. Even a candidate in final year can appear.

4. A minimum of 55 percent must have been scored in post graduation.

5. SC and ST gets 5 percent relaxation.

6. You must choose the subject for NET exam depending on your PG course.

Age Limit

1. There is no age limit if you wish to apply for college lectureship.

2. However for Junior Research Fellowship, 28 years is the age limit.
2nd March 2013, 03:15 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Shefali,

The acronym for UGC NET is University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test.

NET examination is conducted by UGC twice every year in the months of June and December for the posts of JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) and Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation with 55% marks from UGC recognised university.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST contendors.

* Age limit:- 21-28 yrs for JRF; and no limits for Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
15th April 2013, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

i completed my M.sc in chemistry so please tell me which second paper i have to select
11th May 2013, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I completed my M.sc(IT) so please tell me which second paper i have to select and what is the syallabus of net
16th May 2013, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

in case we are NET qualified, what is the next step after getting the result?
16th May 2013, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

in case we qualify the NET, what documents will we get and from where will we collect them?
6th March 2014, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done my graduation with 48percent,i belng to sc cota..nd i have nt done my mater degre,all subject clear but back in 1st yr exam..so plz tel me i can aply net exam..
22nd July 2014, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

I have done 3 years PGDCA from IMS - Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad. How can I know if I am eligible to appear in NET exam?

Thanks.
12th August 2014, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

I am a IT (M.TECH, 2nd year) student. can i sit for ugc net (computer science and application) subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?