9th August 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for a job in NTPC?

sir me &my sister both want job in N.T.P.C but the problem is that we are from different branch.
she is from M.E & I am from E.C .
are we eligible for job in n.t.p.c.
please sir tell us about this problem at my email id- [email protected]

10th August 2012, 08:23 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for a job in NTPC?

A power plant project doesn't does require both Mechanical Engineers and Electronics
Engineers. The difference is that it requires these two experts at two different sections
of the plant because their area of expertise is different.

If your problem is that you two will not get job under same roof then I would tell you not to
worry. You two can get job in same plant. The EC engineer would be involved in works
related to instrumentation, PLC etc. and the Mechanical Engineer would be involved in
fabrication, operation and maintenance.

The posting of you two can't be guaranteed to be at same place and you can't force
the company to give posting of you two at same place but you can definitely put a
request stating your problem and that can be taken into consideration because you two
are sisters. But, this is the last part. Before that both of you are supposed to qualify the
selection process of NTPC.

From this year onward, NTPC has started recruiting fresh engineering graduates through
GATE. You should apply for the exam in the coming year.
10th August 2012, 08:53 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

ya,
you can apply in NTPC

NTPC is looking for experienced Civil Engineers for its Projects/ Stations and young & energetic Diploma Engineers in the discipline of Mechanical, Electrical, Civil & C&I for its various Projects/ Stations.
10th August 2012, 10:31 PM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir me &my sister both want job in N.T.P.C but the problem is that we are from different branch.
she is from M.E & I am from E.C .
are we eligible for job in n.t.p.c.
please sir tell us about this problem at my email id- [email protected]

NTPC is one of the India's largest power company which was set up to accelerate power generation in India. It have got 337th rank in World's biggest companies. It have a capacity of 39174MW power generation.

You and your sister both can get job in the same power company but since your branches are different from one another you will be getting jobs in different sector of the plant.

your sister is a mechanical engineer she would be employed in the mechanical sector of maintenance and operation whereas you being a EC will be employed in sector related to your branch of study. you can be employed for instrumentation of machinery.

but no one can say whether your posting will be in same place or not. the company will decide the posting you can only request the authority to give posting at the same place.

can look at the official website
http://www.ncpt.co.in
for recruitment information.
1st October 2012, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR GETTING JOB AS I M MECHANICAL ENGG ? WHICH EXAM I HV TO GIVE
20th October 2012, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

sir, what is the minimum marks percentage of 10,12 and b tech for job in ntpc ? (rakesh, mumbai)
25th August 2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

sir,after completing my b.e in aeronautical engg.now i am pursuing my m tech in mechanical.If i qualify gate from mechanical steam then can i apply in ntpc for job?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?