12th August 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?

iam done bsc biotechnology can i take gate exam in biotech

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear for M.Tech in Biotechnology being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in Agri Biotechnology? Colleges offering this course?
  2. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  3. GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?
  4. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  5. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)? -- [New]
  6. Is it better to do job after BSc Biotech? Is it necessary to do masters after that?
  7. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  8. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  9. Can I do graduation in Biotech after passing 12th Biology?
  10. Can I be eligible for B.Ed course after completion of MSc Animal Biotechnology
  11. What is the requirement to do BSc Biotech after 12th
  12. Can MSc Biochemistry student apply for M.Tech Biotechnology?
  13. Solutions for previous Gate biotechnology papers?
  14. Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  15. GATE cutoff marks for admission in M.Tech. in Biotechnology at IIT Guwahati ?
  16. Government Job Opportunities in the field of Biotechnology after completion of M.Tech in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Marine Biotechnology? I am pursuing MSc Biotechnology
  18. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE -- [Most Discussed]
13th August 2012, 11:49 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligibility For GATE

The Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year for admissions to M.Tech degrees in IITs, NITs,BITS and many more prominent institutions and also for various Public Sector Units too..

Eligibility Criterion :-

A candidate is eligible for appearing for the GATE Exam only if :-

>> The candidate must be a final year student or must have already completed their B.E/B.Tech degree in any discipline from a recognized University..

>> The candidates who have cleared their dual degree programs or have completed their M.Sc. are eligible to appear for the exam..

Note :- Third year students or pre-final year candidates are not eligible to appear for the exam..

Since, you haven't completed your M.Sc. as yet..hence you are currently not eligible for appearing for the exam..

You can Click Here in case you want any more information on GATE 2013...

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
14th August 2012, 08:12 AM
yogesh8955347778

Smile Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?

no you r can not apply for geat
becaus yor r not elegible for geat

A candidate is eligible for appearing for the GATE Exam only if :-

>> The candidate must be a final year student or must have already completed their B.E/B.Tech degree in any discipline from a recognized University..

>> The candidates who have cleared their dual degree programs or have completed their M.Sc. are eligible to appear for the exam..
14th August 2012, 09:05 AM
yogesh8955347778

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?

NO U R NOT BECAUS U R NOT ELIGIBLE FOR GEAT
ELIGIBLITY
The candidate must be a final year student or must have already completed their B.E/B.Tech degree in any discipline from a recognized University..

15th August 2012, 06:25 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?

Dear Friend,

* GATE Stands for "Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering".

* The GATE examination is conducted every year for the selection of Candidates who want to pursue M.Tech.

The Eligibility Criteria that you require in order to be eligible for the examination are :

* You must have completed your B.E/B.Tech degree in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* If you have completed you M.Sc. or dual degree programs , then also you are eligible for the same.

Now as you have mentioned that you have done B.Sc in Biotechnology so you are not eligible for the GATE exam right now because you need to complete your M.Sc first.

this is the information i have to the est of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
21st April 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I am an BE graduate in Computer science .Am i eligible for GATE Exam in biotechnology.
21st April 2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in biotechnology after completion of B.E Computer science
21st April 2013, 06:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology .

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.

You have completed B.Sc degree in Biotechnology so you are not applicable for GATE exam .But if you once completed M.Sc degree then you are applicable for GATE exam.

The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours time. The question paper consists of only objective type questions. Each question will have four choices for the answer. Only one choice is correct.

23rd April 2013, 10:14 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes you can. go and check the detail about it on IIT's website. thank you
27th April 2013, 11:05 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Not at all, you are not preferable for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering with Biotechnology curriculum.

The Indian Institute of Science and Seven IITs jointly organized Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

The educational qualifications regarding with Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in anyone of these curricula from any approved institution. These curricula are below mentioned:-

1. Engineering.
2. Design.
3. Technology.
4. Architecture. or,

# Candidates must have finished their master degree in anyone of these curricula from any approved institution. These curricula are below mentioned:-

1. Engineering.
2. Design.
3. Technology.
4. Architecture.

# There is no need of percentage in bachelor or master degree for this exam.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

Thanks.
31st July 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

am I eligible for GATE BIOTECH after m.sc in zoology
2nd September 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Msc Bioinformatics. Am i eligible to apply GATE exam in Biotechnoloy ???
16th January 2014, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

I have completed My BE in computer science can i apply for gate in biotechnology
12th June 2015, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

HOW WILL BE THE QUITION PAPER? WILLIT B COMON TO ALL CANDIDATES?
19th September 2015, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

I am a Bsc biotechnology student at govt. degree college for women, after completing my bsc in biotech am i eligible to appear in gate exam to get admission for Msc biotech in top institutes ..IIT???
10th April 2016, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.sc in zoology and m.sc in biotechnology so am i eligible for GATE exam in biotechnology?
19th September 2016, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for gate Biotechnology after completing Msc. Bioinformatics?
20th September 2016, 06:17 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Quote:
Yes you are eligible for the GATE exam. For the GATE exam following eligibility required:
1) BE/B.Tech/B.Pharm

2) B.Arch

3) B.Sc (Research)

4) M.Sc/ M.A./ MCA

5) Int. ME/ M.Tech

The candidate must be pass out from these stream or should be in the final year of these streams are eligible for the GATE exam.
4th June 2017, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

There is a lot of confusion regarding eligibility.
I just want to know if we are eligible for gate Biotechnology if we have done bsc Biotechnology (4 year course I.e Bsc (research).
Or do we need to give Gate life sciences.
11th January 2019, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

I want to change my branch.. I've done Btech biotech and want to do mtech in IT.. Is it possible?
17th October 2020, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for GATE exam after completion of BSc in Biotechnology (3year course)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?