14th June 2015, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in DNB CET being a Surgical Registrar in Newzealand after completing MRCS from UK?

Hi,
I have done MBBS from India went to UK and completed MRCS and presently working in Newzealand as Surgical Registrar. Please let me know whether I am eligible to appear for DNB CET?

23rd July 2023, 02:55 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in DNB CET being a Surgical Registrar in Newzealand after completing MRCS from UK?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the DNB CET (Diplomate of National Board) if you have completed MBBS from India and MRCS from the UK. You also need to have at least 2 years of post-MRCS surgical experience.
The DNB CET is a national examination that is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for the purpose of assessing the competence of doctors who want to practice in India. The exam is held twice a year, in May and November.
The eligibility criteria for the DNB CET are as follows:
  • You must be a graduate in medicine (MBBS) from a recognized medical college.
  • You must have passed the MRCS or its equivalent examination.
  • You must have at least 2 years of post-MRCS surgical experience.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the DNB CET through the NBE website. The application process is usually open for a few months before the exam.
The DNB CET is a challenging exam, but it is a good way to demonstrate your competence to practice medicine in India. If you are successful in the exam, you will be awarded the DNB diploma, which is a recognized qualification in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?