16th February 2016, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Can an average student of academics get top university by GRE marks?

If any student get an average (50%-60%) percent in academics. also then he/she get IIT's/USA university for M.tech/Ms by his/her's GATE/GRE Exam's Marks ?? What are the possibilities? Can you please guide me on this? Give me the latest information based on the experience.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to pursue MS in CS from top universities of USA having secured 74% in 10th, 63% in 12th and an average of 8.5 in B.Tech? Required Marks in GRE and TOEFL Exams for this? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Procedure to do Research in Mathematics in Germany? Which are the scholarship schemes available?
  3. Marks required in GRE and TOEFL to get admission in top university of USA?
  4. Eligibility to appear in GRE for admission in Management Information Systems at Indiana University, US for a candidate having 15 years of overall academics and 2 years of work experience?
  5. Top Universities which offer MS in US? Cutoff marks required in GRE to get admission?
  6. How much score is needed in GRE to get admitted in top universities
  7. How to prepare for IIT entrance? I am a average student in my academics
  8. What is the top GRE score to have for getting MS Mechanical Engineering admission in top universities in US?
  9. Eligibility, passport, qualification and Visa details to study MS in USA?
  10. Can I get OU, JNTU or CBIT after scoring 750 rank in Computer Science?
  11. Eligibility to study MS in top universities of USA for a candidate with 82.2% in 10th, 77.8% in 12th and 70.5% till 4th semester of B.E.? Cutoff marks required in GRE and TOEFL to get admission?
  12. Will I get admission in top 100 universities if scored 290 marks in GRE?
  13. What is the procedure to do MS mechanical if I am a mechanical engineer
  14. How may I know the fee structure of top B schools in India?
  15. How much marks I have to secure in GRE to study MS in Abroad? Percentage required in overall academics?
  16. Which intake is best either Spring or Fall for a student who have scored 290 marks in GRE?
  17. Am I eligible to study abroad with 70% average marks in my studies?
  18. How to do Ph.D in US after completing M.Tech course?
16th February 2016, 07:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an average student of academics get top university by GRE marks?

If you have score good marks in GRE/GATE (respective examinations which are required for admission process) examinations then, there may be a chance that you can get admission in top universities. But, mostly to get admission in top universities, you must have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in your Graduation course from a recognised university. So, if you have less than 60% aggregate in your Graduation, I suggest you to score good marks in GRE/GATE examinations, so, that you can at least get admission in top 15-20 universities.
17th February 2016, 02:14 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can an average student of academics get top university by GRE marks?

MS in Abroad is much more complicated and depends on the Domain Knowledge of the candidate who wants to pursue the course.
A very good rank in GATE will be enough for you to get admission to the course of M.Tech in IIT subject to a Personal Interview that will conducted in the IIT where you will be seeking admission.
This is the possibility that you have to get admission to the respective courses.
For MS in Abroad you will also have to clear the TOEFL Examination.
If you can clear these Examinations with good scores you will be able to get admission to the courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?