28th June 2016, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Can a diploma student give GRE exam? What is the minimum criteria followed for GRE exam?

I am in diploma chemical engineering and this is my last year I have to go out of India so can I give GRE exam and my father able to send me there.Can a diploma student give GRE exam? What is the minimum criteria followed for GRE exam? Can you please answer me?

28th June 2016, 06:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a diploma student give GRE exam? What is the minimum criteria followed for GRE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in diploma chemical engineering and this is my last year I have to go out of India so can I give GRE exam and my father able to send me there.Can a diploma student give GRE exam? What is the minimum criteria followed for GRE exam? Can you please answer me?

Yes, a diploma student can appear for Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
All aspirants can take up this examination irrespective of their qualification.
All citizens are fee to write this examination. The course is to judge the aspirant’s verbal, mathematical and analytical skills. This test is conducted 3 times a year. There is no age limit for appearing the examination. The examination is mainly conducted for admission into graduate and post graduate level courses. The examination is objective type, 4 hours duration.
28th June 2016, 08:59 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

Default Re: Can a diploma student give GRE exam? What is the minimum criteria followed for GRE exam?

Yes,you are eligible to appear for GRE exam.

GRE is mainly conducted for admission into graduate level,post graduate level as well as doctoral programs.

Eligibility criteria for Graduate Record Examination(GRE) -

Educational Qualification:
All the aspirants can take up this exam irrespective of the academic qualification.

Age Limit:
No age limit is yet specified for taking up GRE.
29th June 2016, 01:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for GRE exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.
29th June 2016, 01:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. The GRE examination is conducted by Educational Testing Service (ETS). GRE examination is taken by candidates who are interested to pursue their Master's in higher studies.

There is no eligibility criteria required to appear in GRE examination. Everyone is eligible to appear in GRE examination. But, to apply for admission in Abroad Universities on basis of GRE score, you must have to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned by the respective University.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you are pursuing Diploma in Chemical Engineering course, you are eligible to appear in GRE examination but, you will not be eligible to apply for admission in Abroad Universities as you don't have Bachelor's degree. Even if you appear in GRE examination. there will not be any advantage for you. So, Instead of appearing in GRE examination, I advise you to appear in TOEFL or IELTS examinations as you can apply for admission in Abroad Universities.
30th June 2016, 07:57 PM
anuradha1985

Yes,you can give GRE exam(Graduate record examination),which is conducted for taking admission in graduation, post graduation, PhD courses.

There is no specific criteria for this exam any candidate can attempt on their academic basis.
30th June 2016, 08:00 PM
anuradha1985

Yes,you can give GRE exam(Graduate record examination),which is conducted for taking admission in graduation, post graduation, PhD courses.

There is no specific criteria for this exam any candidate can attempt on their academic basis.
18th May 2017, 01:05 AM
prabal gogoi

I am in diploma Mechanical engineering and this is my last semester I have to go out of India to do my degree in mechanical engineering so can I give GRE exam.Can a diploma student give GRE exam? What is the minimum criteria followed for GRE exam? Can you please answer me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?