14th March 2015, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue Ph.D after completing M.Sc in Geology?

Sir/Mam,

I am a student of M.Sc. final year Geology, i'll complete my post graduation. so far i am passing wid first division which i will maintain an d try to improve my score as well. i want to pursue Phd. in some foreign country, could you please guide me where there is more scope in my field and where will i get good scholarship or fellowship. money is the first criteria for my selection. please guide me sir. i will be grateful.
thankyou

14th March 2015, 11:19 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Ph.D after completing M.Sc in Geology?

Yes the career track record throughout is very important when it comes to getting admission into the PhD Course with a fellowship.
The Scholarship Program is there in almost all the Universities of Abroad.
So you will need to get good marks throughout.
In the meantime you must practice and prepare for the Examination that you will need to clear in order to get admission into the course of PhD with a fellowship.
You will have to at first appear for the GRE Examination.
The GRE Examination is conducted many times a year and it is up to the candidate to decide which date is more suited to him.
You will also have to crack the TOEFL Examination.
If you are able to crack both the Examination then you will be given a list from where you will have to choose the University name and the course you want to avail.
There will be a personal Interview that will be conducted via Skype Calling.

The amount of Scholarship depends totally on your Domain Knowledge and the area of your interest.
It also depends on the Interviewer. There is no fixed amount that is given and the Scholarship amount varies from student to student.
So make sure you are confident during your Interview and you will stand the chance of getting rewarded with a Hefty Scholarship.
You will have to make sure that the Interviewer is impressed and then you will have every chance of getting a Scholarship.
These are the things you need to do and you will stand to benefit in the long run.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?