29th January 2015, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Do we have to give screening tests after completing post graduate degree from foreign institutions?

sir i am doing my mbbs from mci recognized college from maharashtra india . i was thinking of doing pg courses from foreign country .After the course to practice medicine in India do we have to give screening tests ( i am completing my mbbs from mci recognized Indian college ) please reply

30th January 2015, 12:35 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do we have to give screening tests after completing post graduate degree from foreign institutions?

Yes, you have to appear for MCI screening test(Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Exam) after the completion of your PG course, even if you have completed your MBBS course in India. That's because the PG degree, which you have obtained from a foreign university is valid, only if you can clear MCI screening test. If you want to make your Master's degree valid in India, then you should appear for MCI screening test.
31st January 2015, 12:01 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do we have to give screening tests after completing post graduate degree from foreign institutions?

Yes, you need to give a screening test after completion of your Post graduation abroad in order to practice in India. The screening test is organized by the Medical Council of India. Since you have did your PG abroad and would practice as per your specialization in your Post Graduation degree which is obtained abroad so you need to clear the screening test in order to prove your standard to practice in India.
14th January 2019, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

What is the name of screening test after medical postgraduate from Nepal ??
1st February 2019, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Do we have to give screening tests after completing post graduate in IOM college from Nepal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?