6th November 2014, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam I have to appear to study Ph.D program in USA?

hello
i m looking to go usa and i want to study phd course
please tell me what i have to give exam for this??????
please tell me about the exams and names of entrance exam
waiting for your reply

Related Questions:
  1. How to proceed to do PG in USA after BDS in India?
  2. Procedure to join PHD in Physics from USA? Foreign universities where GRE is not required?
  3. Information about the universities of USA offering Ph.D without GRE? Procedure to join?
  4. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  5. Scholarship for pursuing PhD in USA or Germany?
  6. Further study options in USA after MDS Oral Medicine and Radiology? With Indian MDS can PhD be done in USA?
  7. Process to get admission for Ph.D course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility, scholarship, Visa procedure and exam details about PhD in Biotechnology from USA?
  9. List of the universities offering Ph.D program for a candidate having 5 years gap after M.Sc?
  10. Information about PhD program after MS in USA?
  11. How may I apply for PhD in USA, Germany, Norway after completing masters in plasma and particle physics?
  12. List of the correspondence universities offering Ph.D programme without any entrance exam?
  13. How may I do PhD in Pharmaceuticals biotechnology from USA? What are the scholarships available?
  14. How to do Ph.d in USA in Biology? Which are the colleges in USA?
  15. Can I continue my studies in USA doing MCA after completing B.Sc IT through NIIT?
  16. Pattern of entrance exam to study MBBS in Russia for a candidate of USA? Whether shifting from USA to Russia is easily adjustable?
  17. Should I go for PhD in USA after completing masters in Vety. Science from IVRI?
  18. Are there any colleges in USA which dont consider admission on the basis of any entrance exam like SAT,TOEFL etc?
11th November 2014, 01:28 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear to study Ph.D program in USA?

It is good to see you aspire for higher studies. You can definitely pursue your PhD degree course abroad and for that you need to give the following entrance exams :-

-GRE or Graduate Record Examination
-TOEFL or IELTS

Along with good or average scores in the above entrance exams if you have the following, your chance of getting admission will be very high.

-Outstanding GPA
-Having some research publications / technical projects
-Real time work experience works well.
-Good subject GRE score.
11th November 2014, 03:18 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear to study Ph.D program in USA?

If you want to pursue Ph.D in USA, you have to complete two exams called GRE and IELTS. These exams will be conducted throughout the year. So, you can appear for them at any time.

GRE Exam Pattern:-
GRE stands for Graduated Recorded Exam. It is an exam to test the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning. This exam will be conducted for 340 marks. Each and every candidate, who had attended the exam will be given 260 marks initially. And the exam will be conducted for remaining 80 marks.
1)Quantitative Aptitude - 40 marks
2)Verbal Reasoning - 40 marks
Exam fee for GRE is $195(US)

IELTS Exam Pattern:-
IELTS exam is used to assess the ability of a person in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English. Each section will hold forty marks. The exam score will be calculated for 10 bands. Try to get above 26 marks in each section to get a good score.
11th November 2014, 11:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to appear for GRE, if you are thinking of pursuing your Ph.D from a US University. Getting a good score in GRE will ensure that you get admission in a reputed University.

In addition to GRE, you need good score in IELTS/TOEFL for getting admission. IELTS/TOEFL are standardized English Proficiency Test and are required for getting admission in any course which is offered in English language.

Therefore, be ready with these scores and you will need documents related to your qualification plus recommendation letters.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?