31st March 2014, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for PhD in Germany?

Hello sir/mam,
I want to pursue PhD from Germany. I am master in botany.please tell me how can I apply for PhD in Germany and lists of universities wheres I pursued PhD.

Thanks and regards,

Related Questions:
  1. PhD after MSc Pharmacology in Germany
  2. How may I apply for PhD in USA, Germany, Norway after completing masters in plasma and particle physics?
  3. How can I get PhD in Germany after doing masters in cancercell and molecular biology?
  4. Phd in Medical for Pakistani doctor in Germany?
  5. How can I get scholarship in Germany for PhD in Nanotechnology?
  6. Knowing german language is necessary to study PhD in Germany?
  7. Can I apply for PhD in history from Germany university if I have qualified my M.Phil in history?
  8. How to pursue MS in germany after finishing B.Tech with 70.40% and 6.5 score in IELTS? Procedure to apply in germany?
  9. How may I do dissertation in Germany(in time period of june to october)? List of universities offering dissertation in Germany?
  10. How may I apply for pursing Ph.D degree in Germany? List of the top universities for the same? I have done masters in clinical biochemistry
  11. What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for PhD(pharmaceutics) in Germany?
  12. Requirements & eligibility to do Ph.D in Germany? list of institutes for Ph.D in Germany? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. After MSc in Organic Chemistry how can I pursue Ph.d in Germany? Eligibility criteria and the list of institutes in Germany?
  14. How may I get PhD(in CFD) admission along with scholarship in European Germany and U.K? How to apply for the scholarship?
  15. How to do Ph.D in Germany after doing M.Tech through PGECET in India?
  16. How to do Ph.D from Japan, Germany or US after completing B.Tech Biotech with 74%? What is the scholarship program for it? Can I do Ph.D without investing money?
  17. Requirements and eligibility criteria to pursue Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Biotechnology? List of institutes in Germany and how can I get admission?
  18. What is the requirement and eligibility to study Ph.D in Germany? Details about scholarship?
9th April 2014, 07:48 AM
naveen1221

Default Re: How can I apply for PhD in Germany?

Hello Friend !!

There are two types of Doctoral Programmes in Germany:

The traditional approach:
The traditional approach involves identifying a supervisor (Doktorvater/Doktormutter, interestingly meaning a thesis father or mother!) at a German university who is willing to guide your research.
This system offers a lot of flexibility since there is no compulsory attendance, deadlines or curriculum, but requires a great deal of dedication.
The duration of this kind of PhD is 4 years.

Structured doctoral programmes:
The duration of this PhD is 3 years.
Structured doctoral programmes are internationally-oriented and mostly conducted in English.
Here students will work individually and also in more wider research projects.

How to Find the Supervisor: Visit the below link.

download.daad.lv/How_to_find_a_supervisor.pdf

Admission Procedure:

The admission procedure for the Ph.D Programme in Germany is simple becuase there is no national or federal structure to apply for doctoral studies in Germany.

You will have to apply to individual institutions directly.

First thing is you need to find a supervisor or a structured programme.
If you decide to apply for a traditional PhD, you should contact potential supervisors directly and send a brief and well-structured outline of your proposed PhD project.

If you are planning to apply for a structured PhD programme, you should contact the selected university and complete the application procedure, as instructed and within the deadline.

Once you have a letter of acceptance from your supervisor or a confirmation of admission on a structured programme, you should apply for formal admissions.

At this stage, the relevant department or doctoral committee must confirm your eligibility as a doctoral candidate.

This ensures the completion of an application that includes a statement by your doctoral supervisor, certified copies of certificates and the university degree that entitles you to engage in doctoral study.

Finally the Enrolment, that is your next step is to enrol.
To be eligible for enrolment, the university must first accept your application for doctoral studies.
There are several advantages to enrolling as a doctoral candidate, for instance, securing better legal status as a foreign resident.

Good Luck !!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?