21st September 2015, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in both TOEFL and GRE for study MS in USA?

Hello Everyone,
Is it necessary to give both TOEFL and GRE to get admission in USA universities for MS course? Kindly let me know as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  2. Is it necessary to appear in both TOEFL and GRE for study MS in USA? -- [New]
  3. Is it necessary to appear in TOEFL to study MS in USA if preparing for GRE?
  4. Should I have to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in USA? Perventage required in B.Tech to appear GRE?
  5. In which entrance exam should I appear among IELTS and TOEFL along with GRE to study MS in USA? Specializations to study in MS for B.E.(ECE) candidate?
  6. In which exam should I appear GRE or TOEFL if want to study MS in USA?
  7. Is it necessary to appear in TOEFL and GRE to study M.Arch in USA?
  8. Which test I should clear for pursuing PhD from USA, Germany and England like countries? Cost of GRE and TOEFL?
  9. Is it necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in US? List of universities which offer admission through TOEFL and GRE?
  10. To do Ph.D in USA do I need to do GRE and TOEFL? What are the scholarships given?
  11. Are GRE and TOEFL exams compulsory to give?
  12. Eligibility to appear in GRE and TOEFL to study in US for government serviceman having completed B.Sc in Computer Science?
  13. Eligibility Criteria of GRE and TOEFL for admission in USA universities?
  14. Full details about GRE and TOEFL to study masters in USA?
  15. What should I do after scoring 55% in B.Tech ECE to study MS in USA? Mars required in GRE, TOEFL?
  16. Is GRE/TOEFL required to study Ph.D in USA?
  17. Procedure of applying for MS in United States? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. In which course am I eligible to take admission in abroad after doing 2 years B.Tech in Electrical Technology?
1st October 2015, 08:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in both TOEFL and GRE for study MS in USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
Is it necessary to give both TOEFL and GRE to get admission in USA universities for MS course? Kindly let me know as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
Yes, it is necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL for study in USA.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language.

There is no any eligibility criteria.

TOEFL exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in Reading, writing, Listening and Speaking sections of English language.
1st October 2015, 09:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in both TOEFL and GRE for study MS in USA?

Yes, you need to appear in both GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examinations for getting admission to study MS in USA. GRE score is the basic requirement that one need to have while applying for admission to Graduate schools in US universities whereas TOEFL/IELTS examinations helps you to score your English Language Proficiency skills in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections. By qualifying and scoring good marks in these examinations, you need to report your examinations scores for applying admission to MS course in US universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?