23rd January 2014, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Requirements and way to get student Visa to the US?

Hey, I'd like to introduce myself at first. My name is Chris, 16 years old, and I live in Lebanon. I fell upon this site by coincidence (was searching for SAT question papers), and felt like it would be of great help. Anyway, I really aim to continue my studies in the US to enhance my knowledge but I have a very brief idea about how this will all work. I'm currently in school. Half way through my junior year. And I'd say that I'm a pretty good student (GPA: 3.2). So what are the requirements to get your student visa (also called F1 Visa, not too sure)? I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you.

4th March 2014, 01:28 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements and way to get student Visa to the US?

You need to follow the below steps :-
- Firstly you need to get the VISA appointment letter.
- It can be obtained by clicking here.
-Then you need to pay the VISA fee.
-You need to have valid passport and recent passport size photograph.
-Certain documents needs to be submitted like evidence of financial resources: proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for the entire first year of education and living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining years of studies.
- Work experience and entrance exam score certificate should be submitted.
-Then you need to appear for the interview.
If you qualify in the interview in the US consulate, you will get VISA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?