7th October 2011, 10:11 PM
kgayatri.sharma

Percentage required in 10th to join ISRO to become NASA astronaut?

Hello sir,
I am Gayatri...im in 10th....i m interested in join in isro to become a NASA astronaut....i just want to know that how muck percentage should i get in 10th (science, maths) and all other subjects...and how much overall percentage should i score to join isro?

pls do ans me sir
you obediently
Miss.Gayatri

12th October 2011, 02:33 PM
biswas1908

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th to join ISRO to become NASA astronaut?

first of all, U had nice dream which u can fulfill, to become a part of ISRO or NASA you should complete your 12th standard with science (PCM) then go for a engineering course ( Mechanical, electronics, AERONAUTICS, aerospace) after that you can sit for enterence examination for ISRO or NASA, but to be an astronaute you should be pilot and for that you had to again complete the Pilot trainning course fro any flying acadamy or join Aviation wing of our armed forces.

so prepare yourself and have confidence in yourself.. it's long way but not unreachable many had done before and surely you can also do it..

Best of Luck
12th October 2011, 05:02 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
you have a long way to go in order to join ISRO which is a prestigious institution known for its achievements.
The minimum qualification to join as a Scientist is a Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technology with a aggregate of about 65% is required for applying to the post.
The maximum age limit is 35 and is relaxable as per government norms.
You need to prepare well as the competition is heavy as it is the dream job for many people.
your 10 standard mark do not have any role .you need to clear all paper with the pass percentage
12th October 2011, 06:47 PM
neha bh

Eligibility and Conditions of Award
You must have completed the requirements for a Ph.D. or an equivalent doctorate degree before beginning the fellowship.
You must have U.S. citizenship, Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status, Employment Authorization Document (EAD) with pending LPR status, or J-1 Visa status as a Research Scholar before beginning the fellowship. An H-1B Visa status is not acceptable because the NPP is not an employment program.
NPP Fellows are eligible for another award five years after the end of the previous appointment.
Some NASA Centers may require a security or visitation clearance before you start your appointment. You will be notified in advance by the NPP Center Representative if a clearance is required.
You cannot start your NPP appointment until all prior appointment requirements are met, including completing and returning required forms to ORAU. ORAU will not issue an advance stipend check, start stipend payments, or approve relocation travel until all requirements are met.

regards
neha
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 490341main_IOY_2010_Eligibility_Req_v3.pdf(96.4 KB, 488 views)
25th October 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

HELLO I AM AISHWARYA KADAM .I AM WILLING TO BE AN ASTRONAUT .I AM IN 9TH GRADE.CAN I GO FOR ASTRONAUTICAL ENGINEERING OR IT IS MANDATORY TO GO WITH AERONAUTICS TO BE AN ASTRONAUT.I AM WILLING TO WORK AT ISRO
WAITING FOR A REPLY
27th October 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have good eye sight to become an astronaut?
1st November 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I am a 9th class student i always get above 90% marks and searching for any scholarship exam as i belong to a middle class family and I need money badly for my career to become an astronaut.
2nd November 2011, 08:59 PM
susmitarani sethi
Member+

The minimum qualification to join as a Scientist is a Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technology with a aggregate of about 65% is required for applying to the post.
The maximum age limit is 35 and is relaxable as per government norms.
You need to prepare well as the competition is heavy as it is the dream job for many people.
your 10 standard mark do not have any role .you need to clear all paper with the pass percentage.you should complete your 12th standard with science (PCM) then go for a engineering course ( Mechanical, electronics, AERONAUTICS, aerospace) after that you can sit for enterence examination for ISRO or NASA, but to be an astronaute you should be pilot and for that you had to again complete the Pilot trainning course fro any flying acadamy or join Aviation wing of our armed forces.
GUD LUCK
11th November 2011, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

first u compete ur 12th with about 90 percentes and exam for aerspace engg.iist is exam which is very hard. u have to study now for this exam then after degree fill application forms of astronaut. don't miss this chance>>>>>>>>..
12th November 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir can i get admission in any branch of isro just after 10th by getting a scholarship bcoz i belong to a poor family and my economical condition is very weak reply plz
3rd December 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am akshay i am in 11 std and i am looking forward to be an astronaut what should i do after completion of 12th std?
26th December 2011, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,How much percentage should i require in diploma in mechanical department to become an astronaut?
26th December 2011, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,how much percentage should i score in diploma in mechanical department to be a astronaut
16th January 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am studying in ICSE school in 8th class from 5th standard onward my intrest grabbed me toward intelligent outer life, space and time travel, parallel universe etc. Hence to fullfil my little drames into bigger reality what percentage I should get in metric exam? How should I prepare for the enterance exam for ISRO and how much wagges I have to pay for enterance exam for ISRO
10th February 2012, 10:13 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

first of all You must have U.S. citizenship, Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status, Employment Authorization Document (EAD) with pending LPR status, or J-1 Visa status as a Research Scholar before beginning the fellowship. An H-1B Visa status is not acceptable because the NPP is not an employment program.
NPP Fellows are eligible for another award five years after the end of the previous appointment.Some NASA Centers may require a security or visitation clearance before you start your appointment. You will be notified in advance by the NPP Center Representative if a clearance is required.
2nd April 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

hello sir , i really want to achieve the height of space science...and have dreams to be an astronaut . now i m in 10 , just given my boards. but i m confuse about aeronautical and aerospace engineering because i dont know their differences ...i read that their is a requirment of these degrees ...can u tell me what r the more requirments to fix my seat in isro...
thanking u . plz do ans me sir
8th April 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Hello, i am a high school student.. studing in 10th grade.. well, i am really interested in working in NASA or ISRO..bt not as a astronaut.. bt as a scientist.. most probably, i would like to research on astrochemistry or else in astrophysics.. being a 10th grade student, i know that i shud bettr concentrate on my board exams nd all dat.. bt i am preparing for iit-jee rite frm this is age.. nd i wanna know.. dat afta completing b.tech in mechanics or in aerospace or sum fields related to this.. wht i shud i do next ? m.tech bt in which field ? nd den phd in which field ? i wld like to do research in astrochemistry.. bt ppl dont hear this yerm often. so may be it doesn%u2018t have ny scope or sumthng lyk dat.. can u tell me whts da work or astrochemist ? or wht is his/her dialy wages ? or is it beneficial fo me to do make my career in it ?
24th May 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

hi,i wanna become an astronaut either in isro or in nasa. i have a great dream to fly to space. but i know being a nasa astronaut they shoud be the citizens of US.i am an Indian. what should i do after my 12th and a bachelors degree in aerospace engineering to fly succesfully?is this enough or i should still go for higher studies?
plz reply me
10th June 2012, 10:42 AM
janaki jayanthi

how to join isro after 10th
15th June 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

how to join nasa or isro iam stuying in 10th grade it is my dream from childhood so pls say me
19th July 2012, 12:34 AM
johan mishra
Junior Member+

Tyou had to again complete the Pilot trainning course fro any flying acadamy or join Aviation wing of our armed forces.
good lauck
20th July 2012, 06:26 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Hi....!!!

->to join scientist bachelor degree,65%marks are required.

-->please check the eligibility criteria from the attached file.

Thanks...alll the best!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NASA.pdf(22.7 KB, 340 views)
15th August 2012, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

what are the other options at nasa institute ?
from india how can i train myself for that?
what is the % required in 12?
9th September 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

hi sir I am Aravind i am Interested to study aeronautics i just want to know what is the % required in 12?
12th September 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello SIR I am Akash i am very much interested in aeronautics so, i also want to ask you that how much % is required in 12th for entrance in aeronautical engineering collages (as same as other boy had asked u above).

Thank you
18th November 2012, 07:53 AM
Sonu Steephan

Dear gaytri,
i m also intrested to become a astronaut!!
The percentage of 10th don'2 have anu value
it is rely on your bechlor degree grade in any type of science faculty..
19th December 2012, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

I am in std 10 from India and I wish to become an astronaut no matter what it takes but my marks are very low more than 55% should I need to improve a lot? please reply me
20th December 2012, 02:42 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Percentage required in 10th to join ISRO to become NASA astronaut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgayatri.sharma View Post
Hello sir,
I am Gayatri...im in 10th....i m interested in join in isro to become a NASA astronaut....i just want to know that how muck percentage should i get in 10th (science, maths) and all other subjects...and how much overall percentage should i score to join isro?

pls do ans me sir
you obediently
Miss.Gayatri

hi friend,

ISRO Stands for Indian Space Research Organization

A candidate who is Aspiring to join ISRO will have to full fill the following Criteria.

Eligibility and Criteria:
  • A candidate must have completed their B.E/B.Tech with at least 65% (Average of All Semester) from recognized Universities.
  • Age should be between 21-35 years for General category. There is a Relaxation is available for OBC +3 years and for SC/ST +5 years on Upper age.
  • A candidate have Nationality of India.

For more information please visit at : Click here.

all the best.........
29th December 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO JOIN NASA I WANT TO KNOW THAT HOW MANY PERCENTAGE IS REQURIED IN 12TH AND WHAT ALL DEGREE SHOULD ONE HAVE
29th December 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I am in 9th grade ........I am really interested to join NASA ...... how much marks do I need to join NASA after 12th ??????? I would be thankful if you answer my question .

thanking you ,
Aakanksha singh
20th January 2013, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Hellow Sir,I am Ashmita of class 10th I want to join ISRO after 10th. Kindly give me information what i have to do.
thankyou
waiting for your reply
21st January 2013, 01:54 PM
purvi52

Cool Re: Percentage required in 10th to join ISRO to become NASA astronaut?

I am studying in ICSE school in 8th class from 5th standard onward my intrest grabbed me toward intelligent outer life, space and time travel, parallel universe etc. Hence to fullfil my little drames into bigger reality what percentage I should get in metric exam? How should I prepare for the enterance exam for ISRO and how much wagges I have to pay for enterance exam for
27th May 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

is there reservation for oc candidates
28th May 2013, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i have completed my 12th with78% & i will do BE in aeronautical or electrical engineering from a private college. can i select for isro exam.............
pls reply...........
29th May 2013, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

i am study in 12th science and i want to be a cosmologist. so what am i do after 12th?
17th June 2013, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR I SOHAM PRAJAPATI IN 8TH REQUEST YOU TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.WHAT IS THE PERCENTAGE I REQUIRE IN 10TH. PLZ REPLY IT AS ITS MY DREAM TO BE AN ASTRONOMER FROM 4TH.PLZZZZ.......
18th June 2013, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

what percentage should required to be a part of nasa
18th June 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

what percentage should required to be a part of nasa
21st June 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

hello sir! i am Soham Prajapati of Mount Carmel Gandhinagar School. i want to be an astronaut as its be dream. so i want to know what is the process to be an astronaut from tenth onward? I REQUEST YOU TO ANSWER ME PLZZZ!
24th June 2013, 05:45 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

hiiiii,

firstly, you should complete your 12th standard with science (PCM) then go for a engineering course ( Mechanical, electronics, AERONAUTICS, aerospace) after that you can sit for enterence examination for ISRO or NASA, but to be an astronaute you should be pilot and for that you had to again complete the Pilot trainning course fro any flying acadamy or join Aviation wing of our armed forces.

all the best
7th October 2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

sir I am Noor Mohamed studying diploma in mechanical engineering and how may percentage required in diploma and waht is procedure to join astronut
16th November 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

i
i want to become astrounat i jav%u011B preaparing from 7th std but i have...not proper guidance bcz o dont know procedure
7th January 2014, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

well.. i'm studying in 10th classs...
umm.. what all conditions are required to join ISRO or NASA as an astronaut or scientist ?
also, what salary or wages can i expect that i'll be getting after joining either of it..?

please answer the question..
yours obidiently,
Mr. RUSHIL Soni..
23rd February 2014, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am Hetal Bagul.
I want to become astronaut on ISRO. I am in 8th standard.
So what should I do to become astronaut?
Which exams and study should I do and learn?
29th March 2014, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i m surbhi i had just given m9 10 std i m interested to become astronaut . can u pls tell me the procedure after 10 std do i have do iit for the sameor any other degree?
31st March 2014, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I am in 10th and I want to know that is there any exam for entrance in NASA after 10th ???? Plss reply. ....
31st March 2014, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Hiiii My name is Sankalp and I am in 10th and I want to know that is there any exam after 10th by qualifying which I can get entrance in NASA ???
7th April 2014, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Hello i am in 10th grade and i am interested to become an astronaut may i know the procedure after 10th and what is the minimum percentage required in 12th std.
8th May 2014, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

Hello...I have just completed my 10th grade..my passion is astronomy....but my favourite subject is chemistry...and im in great confusion about taking an appropriate course after 12th.....now i have opted for maths/computer for 11th grade....it would be helpful if i get a clear information about Astrophysics and Astrochemistry....and the mark requirements in 12th grade ...and whether engineering is mandatory to make a career in astrophysics or astrochemistry???...
13th May 2014, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I am mitpatel wishing to become an astronaut and I skills but low percentage but l can pass
fitness exam and other tests
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?