23rd January 2014, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

How to get a student Visa to the US being Lebanon?

Hey, I'd like to introduce myself at first. My name is Chris, 16 years old, and I live in Lebanon. I fell upon this site by coincidence (was searching for SAT question papers), and felt like it would be of great help. Anyway, I really aim to continue my studies in the US to enhance my knowledge but I have a very brief idea about how this will all work. I'm currently in school. Half way through my junior year. And I'd say that I'm a pretty good student (GPA: 3.2). So what are the requirements to get your student visa (also called F1 Visa, not too sure)? I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you.

8th February 2014, 10:22 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a student Visa to the US being Lebanon?

There is nothing to worry as long as this platform is present. It is your good luck that you came across this website. Anyways, coming to your query, you can get student visa but for that you need to follow certain steps.

- First of all register in the website vfs of your country.
- Prepare for the VISA interview at the US consulate.
- You need to produce all the original documents regarding admission in any recognized institution of US.
- On verification of documents and interview scrutiny, they will decide whether you will get VISA or not.

For details regarding F1 interviews, click on the below links.
Link 1
Link 2
19th June 2023, 08:39 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

To obtain a student visa to the United States as a Lebanese citizen, you will need to follow these general steps:

Secure Admission to a U.S. Institution: Apply and get accepted into a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified U.S. institution that is authorized to issue I-20 forms for student visas. This can be a university, college, or vocational school.

Pay the SEVIS Fee: After receiving the acceptance letter from the U.S. institution, you will need to pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee. This fee is paid online and is necessary for the issuance of the I-20 form.

Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application: Fill out the online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) through the U.S. Department of State's website. Be prepared to provide personal information, educational background, and details about your intended stay in the United States.

Schedule and Attend Visa Interview: Once you have completed the DS-160 form, schedule an appointment for a visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in Lebanon. Visa interviews are typically conducted in English, so it's important to be prepared to communicate effectively.

Prepare Required Documentation: Gather the necessary documents for your visa interview. These typically include:

Valid passport
I-20 form issued by the U.S. institution
SEVIS fee payment receipt
Passport-sized photographs
Financial documents to demonstrate your ability to cover tuition fees and living expenses in the United States
Academic transcripts, diplomas, or certificates from previous education
Standardized test scores (such as TOEFL or SAT, if required)
Proof of ties to Lebanon, such as family, property, or employment, to demonstrate your intent to return after studies
Attend Visa Interview: On the scheduled date, attend your visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate. Be prepared to answer questions about your educational plans, financial situation, and intent to return to Lebanon after completing your studies. Provide all the required documentation when requested.

Pay the Visa Application Fee: Pay the visa application fee at the embassy or consulate on the day of your interview. The fee amount may vary, so check the U.S. embassy's website for the current fee.

Await Visa Issuance: After the interview, the consular officer will determine if you are eligible for a student visa. If approved, your passport will be returned to you with the visa stamped inside.
1st July 2023, 12:57 AM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

To obtain a student visa to the US as a Lebanese citizen, you will need to follow these general steps:

1. Obtain Acceptance at a US Institution: Apply and get accepted at a US educational institution approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (sevp). Ensure that you receive a Form I - 20 from the school.

2. Pay the SEVIS Fee: After receiving the Form I -20, you must pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee. You can pay the fee online through the SEVIS fee payment website.

3. Complete the DS-160 Form: Fill out the Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) online. This form requires personal and educational information.

4. Schedule an Interview: Visit the website of the US Embassy in Lebanon to schedule a visa interview appointment. Pay the required visa application fee.

5. Prepare Required Documents: Gather the necessary documents, including your passport, visa application confirmation page, Form I- 20, DS-160 confirmation page, SEVIS fee payment receipt, academic transcripts, test scores, financial documentation, and any other supporting documents requested by the US Embassy.

6. Attend the Visa Interview: On the scheduled date, appear at the US Embassy for your visa interview. Answer all questions honestly, provide the required documents, and demonstrate that you have genuine intentions to study in the US.

7. Pay the Visa Issuance Fee: If your visa application is approved, you may need to pay a visa issuance fee. Check the US Embassy's website for specific instructions.

8. Travel to the US: Once your student visa is issued, you can make travel arrangements to the US. Make sure to arrive in time for any orientation programs offered by your educational institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?