8th July 2014, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Whether TOEFL is tough? Tips for preparation?

Hello
Can you tell me how is toefl???
i m looking to give toefl exam
but i dont know is it tough or easy???
please tell me if it is tough....
and also share some tips for prepare
thank you

8th August 2014, 09:14 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether TOEFL is tough? Tips for preparation?

Yes, TOEFL is a tough test. But if you have a good preparation and be confident then you can easily score good marks. It is the relative performance with other students which matter. However, the competition level is very high. Hence a good preparation is needed to get good scores and get chance in the leading universities.

Some tips to help you for preparation and getting good score.

- The test is divided into four sections - Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Hence preparation in each section is essential to score good marks.
- You need to read a lot. Read newspapers, magazines,wikipedia, news websites and listen to podcasts and recorded lectures.
- Talk in english as much as possible in daily life.
- Try to infer the main theme from various lectures and write-ups as well as try to improve vocabulary by using high frequency words in daily life.
- Practice summarizing and paraphrasing texts. Use charts and outlines to organize the ideas in a text. Practice speed reading techniques. Practice reading (and answering questions) on a computer screen.
- Read aloud a short article from a newspaper, campus newspaper, magazine, textbook, or the Internet.
- Practice various sample papers of TOEFL as well as stuffs given in the coaching institutes.

You need to control and apply all your skills - Reading, writing, speaking and listening to do well and get a good score in TOEFL. Sample papers are attached for you to get an idea and for your practice.

You can refer to the below mentioned books for a good preparation.

-OFFICIAL GUIDE TO TOEFL TEST (English)
-Official Toefl Ibt Vol.1 W/Cd (English)
-Cambridge Preparation For The Toefl Test (English)
-Cracking the TOEFL iBT 2014 (English)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SampleQuestions.pdf(266.2 KB, 74 views)
File Type: pdf SampleQuestionstoefl.pdf(266.2 KB, 57 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?