1st March 2014, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Work experience is good for MS in USA?

Sir
i completed my btech in 2011. Got 72%. Now i have got a job at air india. I plan to work for three years and then go for MS program in USA. Is my decision bad?will the universities over there count the work experience in india?pls help me.

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for MS course from USA? Does work experience helps in getting good college?
  2. Can I apply for Ph.D from USA after M.Sc from Nepal without any work experience?
  3. Is it good to do 1 year MBA in abroad without work experience? What is the fee structure of USA and Australia for 1 year MBA?
  4. How to get admission in MS in USA after four years of work experience? Tips to crack GRE ?
  5. Will there be any Job Opportunities for me in USA after completion of B.Sc Nursing and with 1 year work experience?
  6. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA?
  7. How much marks should be scored in GRE and TOFEL to do MS in USA with 4 years experience? -- [New]
  8. Can I get admission in Ph.D. in USA or European universities without good research experience?
  9. What's the future prospective of CA and CS degree in context of getting a good package in USA? I'm doing CA and CS from Delhi
  10. How to Get Scholarship for MS in USA/UK?
  11. Can we apply for scholarship in Ph.D from USA without any work experience? What is the average cutoff of GMAT to get selected for scholarship in US business schools?
  12. Requirements to pursue MSc Nursing in USA? Do I need any experience for that?
  13. List of good universities in Singapore offering MS program? I have completed MCA with 90% marks and have two year work experience with IBM
  14. Institutes which consider 2 years of Work experience and minimum cutoff for these institutes considering the work experience?
  15. How to get admission in London Business School?
  16. How to do PhD in IITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Possible good universities in USA having 55.62% in engineering?
  18. Which course is preferable in USA after B.Sc in Microbiology and certificate course in MLT?
1st March 2014, 06:33 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Work experience is good for MS in USA?

No, your decision is not bad. But make sure you do not lose your focus from the goal you have. This is because it quite tough to have a balance between your job and study especially preparation for the two topmost exams of the world - GRE and TOEFL or IELTS. These are tough exams where the competition level is very high and intense preparation is needed to succeed and achieve a good score in these exams.

Your decision of having an working experience is good and can be a plus point for you during the selection of students by the concerned US universities since they also consider the resume and career record of the candidate to a great extent. The universities will definitely consider your work experience. If you are able to do some project or research work during your service tenure, then it will be an added advantage.

So you can definitely work but make sure you do not let your preparation down for the entrance exams which are needed to get admission in US universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?