I need to know about toefl
please let me know about it in details
i want full information about toefl
each and every thing about this exam
please help me thanks

11th July 2014, 01:29 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about TOEFL?

TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is one of the entrance exams which is essential to get admission in the foreign universities especially the ones which follows english as a medium of study. There are two modes of giving the test :- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based test) and TOEFL PBT (paper-based test). iBT fee in is US$165 which includes examinee score report and up to 4 official score reports. For every add-on score one pays US$18.

- There are four sections in TOEFL, namely, listening, reading, speaking and writing. There is no specific TOEFL syllabus.
1. Reading :- 60–80 minutes --> 36–56 questions --> Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.
2. Listening:- 60–90 minutes --> 34–51 questions --> Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, answer questions.
3. Speaking:- 20 minutes --> 6 tasks --> Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.
4. Writing:- 50 minutes --> 2 tasks -->Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.

For more details, click here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?