Madras School Of Social Work, Egmore
Madras School of Social Work came into existence in the year 1952 and it is located in the city of Chennai the southern part of the nation. It is an autonomous institution affiliated to the University of Madras and accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. The institute is a member of the Association of Schools of Social Work in the nation and the Asia-Pacific Association of Social Work Education. The institute has been rated as the first best social work institute in South India and the third best social work college in the whole nation.
Madras School of Social Work offers the following courses:
• Master of Social Work
• Master of Science in Counseling Psychology
• Master of Arts in
o Human Resource Management
o Human Resource & Organizational Development
o NGO Management
• PMIR Diploma
• M. Phil/Ph. D in Social Work
Eligibility requirements for PG Courses:
Eligibility requirements to be fulfilled by candidates for seeking admission to the PG courses are given below:
Master of Social Work, M.A. in NGO Management: For seeking admission to these courses, candidates must be graduates in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern or any other pattern inclusive of professional degree holders. It is essential that candidates must have taken up 15 years of formal education from a recognized university as approved by the University of Madras.
Master of Science in Counseling Psychology: For this course, candidates must have completed their B.A/B. Sc psychology degree or any other degree examinations like BSW, B.A. Sociology/philosophy, B. Sc human development or home science or child development or B. Ed or B.A/B. Sc with psychology as a paper from a recognized university.
Master of Arts in Human Resource Management and Human Resource & Organizational Management: For this course, candidates must have completed their UG degree in any discipline from the University of Madras or other university accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto.
Eligibility requirements for M. Phil course:
For getting into the M. Phil Social Work course, candidates must have completed their Master of Social Work with not less than 50% of marks if they have completed the MSW course before 1st of January 1991 and 55% of marks, if they completed their MSW course after this date. Admission to this course will be based on the performance of candidates in entrance examination.
Eligibility for Ph. D admission:
Candidates must have obtained their PG degree with not less than second class or equivalent grade and if classification does not exist, the minimum qualifying marks is 50% at the PG level. Ph. D in Social Work is offered both as full-time course and part-time course by the Madras School of Social Work.
Madras School Of Social Work
No. 32, Casa Major Road
Egmore, Chennai - 600 008
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: 044- 2819 2156
- M.A. in Social Work Colleges
- Gymnastics, Atheletics, Southern Railway
- PhD in social and community services
- Colleges offering M.Phil/Ph.D (Social Work)
- NET Social Work (Paper III) Papers
- NET Social Work (Paper II) Papers
- IGNOU Bachelor In Social work Introduction To Social Work Papers
- Professor, Associate Professor, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- List of Social Science Entrance Exams
- IGNOU Bachelor in Social Work, Social Work intervention with Individuals and Group Papers
- List of Courses in Mizoram University, Aizawl
- Career As A Social Worker
- Best Schools in Chennai
- Delhi University - B.A. (H) Social Work - Second Year Papers
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Madras