14th July 2017, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study B.Tech through lateral entry from IITs after Diploma engineering? What should I do?

Hello sir, I will pass Diploma in Computer Science this year and after it want to study B.Tech from IITs. Please tell me is it possible to study B.Tech through lateral entry from IITs? What should I do?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering through Lateral Entry after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  2. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?
  3. Possibility to get Lateral BTech admission in Jadavpur University without HS for a Diploma student?
  4. Which is best course to do after completion of ITI IT course from Kerala?
  5. Possibility to study B.E from Anna university through lateral entry scheme after completing 2nd year of Diploma?
  6. Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for Mechanical Diploma student? -- [New]
  7. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in B.Tech at IIT for Diploma Engineer?
  8. Possibility to study B.Tech(Software Engineering) through lateral entry for Diploma Computer Science Engineer?
  9. Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12?
  10. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Possibility to study B.Tech in Abroad through lateral entry? Chances to get scholarship for it?
  12. Possibility to study B.Tech(ECE) through lateral entry for Diploma Computer Science Engineer?
  13. List of entrance exams for admission in Lateral Entry BTech(Mechanical Engineering)?
  14. Which B.Tech degree course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical and being a girl?
  15. Am I eligible to do B.Tech in IIT being a Diploma Mechanical student?
  16. What is the procedure for joining lateral entry in BTech after pursuing diploma?
  17. Can I get admission in Lateral Entry Diploma in Civil Engineering course being a B.Sc(Maths) student?
  18. In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in BTech Lateral Entry being a Diploma final year student?
15th July 2017, 03:41 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech through lateral entry from IITs after Diploma engineering? What should I do?

No, it is not possible to study B.Tech course through lateral entry from IITs after completion of your Diploma in Engineering course. You need to appear in JEE Main and JEE Advance examination to get admission in IIT. As you are a Diploma holder, your JEE Main examination score or rank can't be used to get admission in NIT. So, you need to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Advance examination to get admission in B.Tech course in IITs.
15th July 2017, 04:28 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech through lateral entry from IITs after Diploma engineering? What should I do?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in IITs through lateral entry.

IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ) is a premier institute of technical courses.

The admission in undergraduate course is offered through Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE and IIT.

So, if you want to get admission in IIT you have to appear and qualify in JEE.
15th July 2017, 04:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, lateral entry option to get admission in IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ).

Only candidates who have passed Joint Entrance Examination conducted in two stages ( Main and Advanced ) are eligible for admission in B.Tech course in IIT.

Also, there are only three attempts for Main and two for appearing in Advanced stage. To get more detail visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
15th July 2017, 06:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates are eligible for Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE for admission in NITs and IITs. JEE has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Admission in Indian Institute of Technology is done on basis of rank in JEE Advanced. There will no lateral entry for diploma candidates in IITs.

If you want to get admission through lateral entry in second year of engineering then you can apply for LEET entrance exam. Diploma candidates with 60% marks or more can apply for LEET exam.
15th July 2017, 06:46 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

It is possible for diploma candidates to study Bachelor of Technology from Indian Institute of Technology through Joint Entrance Exam.

Diploma candidates will have to pass and secure good rank in JEE Advanced stage to get admission in IIT. The first stage of JEE is JEE Main.

JEE is engineering entrance exam conducted by CBSE.
15th July 2017, 08:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have done diploma in engineering can apply for Joint Entrance Exam for admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

JEE has two stages:

JEE Main exam.

JEE Advanced exam.

You need to clear both stages of JEE examination to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology for Bachelor of Technology. There is no lateral entry, you will get admission in first year of B.Tech.
15th July 2017, 08:48 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates passed diploma are not eligible to get admission in IIT through lateral entry.

No lateral entry examination for admission in IIT.

So, only option for you if interested in pursuing in IIT is that you have to appear and qualify in Joint Entrance Examination conducted in two stages.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?