Chandigarh College of Education, Landran


Chandigarh College of Education is one among the Chandigarh Group of Colleges and the college bears the uniqueness of inculcating dynamic values in the future teachers. The college aims at forming future builders for the nation on the principles of Mahatma Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore and Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan. It is a self-financing institution affiliated to the Punjabi University and approved by the National Council for Teacher Education and Punjab Government.

Course Details:

The Bachelor of Education course offered by Chandigarh College of Education with affiliation from the Punjabi University is divided into three parts and they are:

Part I is conducted for 700 marks in total with 7 theory papers. Out of these seven papers, five are compulsory and two papers relate to teaching subjects selected on the basis of the subject in which the candidates has completed his/her graduation. The college offers teaching subjects like Punjabi, Hindi, English, Physical Education, Social Studies, Economics, Commerce, Mathematics and Science. To opt for the social studies paper, candidates must have studied two social science subjects for three years at the graduation level.

Part II is conducted for 300 marks and it comprises of skill in teaching and in this part assessment is based on performance of candidates in two teaching subjects in final practical examination conducted by the external examiner for 200 marks. Remaining 100 marks is for internal assessment where is assessment is done based on assignments, file preparation, micro and macro lessons delivery during teaching practice, etc…

Part II is for 200 marks and this part is based on sessional work under the  below mentioned components:

o Co-curricular activities – 25 marks

o Community Service – 25 marks

o Games and sports – 50 marks

o Black board sketching and writing – 50 marks

o Work Experience – 50 marks

Eligibility Criteria:

For getting into the B. Ed course offered by the Chandigarh College of Education, candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Admission will be on the basis of merit secured in the qualifying examination and the minimum marks required is 50% for general category candidates, 45% for SC/ST and OBC candidates according to the norms of NCTE.

Reservation rules:

The total intake capacity of the institution is 200 students out of which 85% of seats are reserved for students belonging to the state of Punjab and remaining 15% is for outstation candidates.

Admission Procedure:

Admission of students will be based on the merit secured in the qualifying examination and according to the directions issued by the Government of Punjab form time to time. For filling up seats for different categories, the reservation policy mentioned above will be followed and seats are filled through joint counseling conducted by the federation of self-financing colleges in Punjab.

Contact Details:

Chandigarh College of Education,

Landran, Mohali-140307

Tel: 0172-3984234, 235, 236




Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section

2 Responses to “Chandigarh College of Education, Landran”

  1. 2

    actually i have 2138 overall state rank in AIEEE what is the procedure of getting admission in your college.

  2. 1

    i wnt to know about the last option which was given in the form calculate the total result whts this total result . Please reply fast sir..