28th December 2015, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Admission in second year of B.Tech in IIT after first year diploma in ECE?

Hi I am pursuing as a student of diploma in electronics and communication. And I am interested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. Am I eligible to take it after completing my diploma? And if yes so, there any type of entrance exam or interviews are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  2. Admission in second year of B.Tech in IIT after first year diploma in ECE? -- [New]
  3. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?
  5. Can I get admission after diploma ECE in IIT?
  6. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year at IIT after completing ECE Diploma?
  7. Streams available to study in M.Tech at IIT for B.Tech(ECE) 4th year student? Number of seats available in all campuses of IIT? Last year cutoff rank in GATE to get admission for OC candidate?
  8. Admission in B.Tech after Diploma in Civil engineering at IIT Mumbai?
  9. How can I apply for Internship in IIT being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student from UPTU college?
  10. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) in IIT/ISRO after completing Diploma in ECE?
  11. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  12. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  13. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  14. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  15. Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
  17. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  18. How to get btech admission after diploma in IT?
2nd January 2016, 10:08 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in second year of B.Tech in IIT after first year diploma in ECE?

No, you are not eligible to take admission in second year of B.Tech course in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course in Electronics and Communication Engineering. IIT's does not offers Lateral entry admission in B.Tech course. To be eligible to get admission in B.Tech course, the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and must have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advanced examination. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to take admission in second year of B.Tech course in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?