31st May 2015, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

Hello,

Respected teacher now i am in 2nd year of diploma॰ & it is possible to get admission in IIT college for BE after completing diploma in medical electronics. Can you please let me know what we need to do to ensure that we will get the admission in IIT?

Thanks!

1st June 2015, 07:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

No, you cannot get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course. Admissions in IIT are offered only to candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have qualified JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
1st June 2015, 10:08 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

No, it is not possible for you to get admission in IIT institutes, because admissions into IIT institutes are offered through JEE Main and Advanced exams, and to apply for these exams, candidates should have completed their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. So, as a student, who have completed diploma course, you are not eligible for JEE Main and Advanced exams and you can get admission in IIT institutes.
5th August 2015, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of diploma 3rd year. i have completed my higher secondary exam from vocational department(Engineering & Technology).so can i get admission in any IIT college for b-tech?
7th August 2015, 07:50 PM
DSP@1

Sorry to say but you are not eligible to appear for the test conducted by CBSE called JEE Mains & Advanced so you cannot get a seat in IIT for doing your BE.

To be eligible for JEE MAINS and ADVANCED exam candidate must have studied 12th standard with Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as the main subjects.

As you are from the Diploma backgraph you are not eligible for IIT.But you can do your BE course in some of the recognised universities in your state.

So try to get seat in the best university and after completing your BE you can apply for M.Tech in IIT through GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?