10th March 2015, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year at IIT after completing ECE Diploma?

Hi,
I am pursuing as a student of Diploma in Electronics
and Communication Engineering. I am interested to
take admission in second year B.tech in IIT.
Am I eligible to take it after completing my Diploma?
And if yes so, there any type of entrance exam needed?

12th March 2015, 07:34 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year at IIT after completing ECE Diploma?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year at IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course in ECE because IITs does not offer lateral entry admission to B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognised board and those who had qualified JEE Main and JEE Advanced examination are eligible to get admission in B.Tech first year course at IITs. Since, you have not pursued the 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech course at IITs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?