8th August 2015, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Hello sir/mam,

Could you please answer me as soon as possible as I have to prepare accordingly? am student of diploma in mechanical engineering .can I get admission in IIT jee to 2 and year after diploma? It would be really helpful if you can!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  2. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Admission procedure to study B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT for a Diploma holder?
  4. Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  7. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  8. Can I take admission in NIT if I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  10. How to get admission in IIT after studying in diploma mechanical?
  11. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  12. Can I change the stream to CSE or ECE if I have completed diploma with mechanical engineering?
  13. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  14. How to get admission in IIT for degree in mechanical engineering after passing diploma?
  15. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  16. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  17. Am I eligible to try IIT and other exams after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
9th August 2015, 09:58 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?

No, you cannot get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, the candidate must have completed 12th standard and must have appeared, qualified and secured top rank in JEE Main and Advanced examination. IIT's does not offers Lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course. So, you cannot get admission in IIT in B.Tech second year but, you can get admission in B.Tech second year in any other top colleges by appearing and qualifying LEET examination.
12th September 2015, 08:26 PM
Jitu.vide
Member+

No, you can't get admission in IIT after diploma engineering.

JEE is the entrance exam conducted in march-april to get admission in IIT. The student who pass out 12th exam is eligible for this exam.
There is no chance for diploma student to get admission in IIT.

If you want to get admission in IIT, then first you have to complete Btech, then appear for GATE exam & with the reference of your GATE marks you get admission in IIT for further study after BTech.
13th September 2015, 06:00 PM
DSP@1

I am sorry that you cannot get seat in IIT through lateral entry.

To be eligible in IIT candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard with Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.

As you have done Diploma which does include these Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry subjects you are not eligible for IIT.

But you can complete your graduation through the best universities which are offering lateral entry for Diploma candidates.

If you are really interested in IIT then you can pursue your Post Graduation course in IIT after completing your graduation course from recognized university.
16th September 2015, 10:03 AM
Silent work
Member+

Sorry, but you are not eligible for JEE exam conducted by IIT.
JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination &
IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology

Eligibility for JEE:
1.Candidate should have minimum 60% in 12th(PCM).

2.Age limit for JEE is minimum 17 &maximum 25 years.

3.Only Indian resident ate eligible for JEE.

So, diploma students are not seats in above eligibility. Therefore you can not get admission in IIT after completion of diploma.

But you are eligible for B.Tech by lateral entry. Through which you have chance to get admission for graduation in best university of India.
29th October 2015, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT b.tech Ist year after completing diploma mechanical engineering in Agra so please please
31st October 2015, 04:35 PM
jashan13
Junior Member+

No,You are not eligible for get admission in IIT after Diploma because IIT conduct the JEE exam for +2 passed student (fresher).

IF you want to get admission in IIT then you should pass Btech with minimum 60% marks .then you are eligible for GATE entrance test,if you crack it with good marks then you get admission in IIT for further Study..

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?