8th August 2015, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

I am studying diploma in civil engineering .so can I get admission for IIT after completion of diploma? Can someone please provide me the information on the same as soon as possible to me? It would be really helpful if you can answer me.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to get admission for LLB course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  3. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  4. What should I do after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  5. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  6. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Arch after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering? Required Procedure for this?
  7. Admission in B.Tech after Diploma in Civil engineering at IIT Mumbai? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  9. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  10. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mining engineering? -- [New]
  11. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  12. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  13. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in computer science engineering?
  14. How may I get information about the admission procedure for taking admission in B.Tech course with civil engineering stream after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  15. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  16. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  17. How to get admission in IIT Bombay after completing Diploma?
  18. Procedure to get admission in AMIE after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
9th August 2015, 08:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying diploma in civil engineering .so can I get admission for IIT after completion of diploma? Can someone please provide me the information on the same as soon as possible to me? It would be really helpful if you can answer me.
No, after completion in diploma course you are not eligible for IIT exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
9th August 2015, 10:21 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

You are not eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma in Civil Engineering course because IIT's does not offers direct admission to B.Tech second year. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, the candidate must have completed 12th standard and must have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advanced examination. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
9th August 2015, 05:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying diploma in civil engineering .so can I get aadmission for IIT after completion of diplom? Can someone please provide me the information on the same as soon as possible to me? It would be really helpful if you can answer me.
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for IIT after completing Diploma. But, you are not eligible through lateral entry. IIT does not offer lateral entry. However, you can get admission for First year B.Tech/B.E through IIT. you must appear and qualify in the JEE entrance exam in order get admission for B.Tech or B.E through IIT.

JEE Eligibility Criteria:

- The applicant should have finished 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as a main subject from a recognized board or Institution.

- Diploma students from AICTE recognized Institutions can also eligible to apply. There is no percentage criteria.

- The applicants must be less than 25 years old to apply and upto 5 years relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST category students.

- After clearing JEE Advanced you can apply for admission in IITs.

- The applicant will get three consecutive attempts to clear JEE.
28th October 2015, 09:07 AM
jituvide

No.
You will not get admission in IIT after completion of diploma.

To get admission in IIT, you should be appear for JEE exam.

But only 10+2 are eligible for JEE exam conducted by IIT & 10+2 is not equivalent to diploma.
So, you can not get admission in IIT.

But you can apply for B.Tech by lateral entry from another university.
31st October 2015, 07:03 PM
Jitu888

Only 12th passed students with PCM are eligible for JEE IIT.

Diploma is not equivalent to 10+2, so you can't get admission in IIT after diploma for B.Arch.

But you can get admission in other universities by lateral entry.
31st January 2016, 07:45 PM
Chocolate_boy

No. You are not eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering.

Diploma holders are eligible for B.Tech by lateral entry but IIT doesn't offers lateral entry admissions & only 10+2 passed students can appear for JEE entrance examination which is conducted by IIT every year.

So, you can't get admission in IIT after diploma.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?