18th September 2014, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?

i am studying in diploma second year in electrical engineering i have to take admission in college iit delhi after completion of my diploma so foor that what is procedure and which exam i have give plz reply.
kapil dhulshette mpvpi nanded

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  2. How may i get admission through lateral entry in DTU after completion of my electrical engineering diploma?
  3. How to get admission for B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  4. How to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering? Procedure for diploma in Aeronautical Degree?
  5. What is the procedure to take admission for B.Tech? I have completed diploma in electrical and mechanical engineering
  6. Procedure to get admission for Marine Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. What is the procedure to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering in IIT Delhi
  8. What to do after completing 12th class? I am studying in class 12th -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to take admission in AMIE after completion of 3 years diploma in electrical engineering
  10. How to take admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Electrical Diploma?
  11. How to do B.E course in Gujarat after passing diploma in Electrical Engineering in Gujarat?
  12. Can I apply for B.Tech Civil Engineering after passing diploma? Procedure to take admission in a reputed college?
  13. Can i get admission in part time B.E in MS engineering college, Vodoara? I am doing my diploma in electrical in DLM mode
  14. How to get admission into Ph.D program in IIT Delhi after doing B.E in Instrumentation and Control and MS in Electrical Engineering from US?
  15. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  16. Is it possible to take admission in IIT after diploma in electrical engineering
  17. Admission in Electrical Engineering after doing diploma n computer engineering? What is the procedure for the same?
  18. How to get admission in Aeronautical Engineering after diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
21st September 2014, 08:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?

No, you cannot take admission in IIT Delhi in engineering course after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering. The IIT'S does not provide admissions to the candidates who have completed Diploma and want to study the engineering course through Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Generally, the Diploma holders can take admission in B.Tech course by appearing for the LEET exam through the Lateral entry, but the IIT' s does not offer admissions to the Lateral Entry candidates. So, you cannot get admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering.

If you are interested to do Engineering course, then, you have only chance to appear for the LEET exam and after qualifying the LEET exam with good score, you can get admission in the good colleges in the range of IIT's for your engineering course after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
22nd September 2014, 06:51 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Default Re: Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?

Unfortunately a diploma holder is not eligible for the admission in IIT for graduation course (B.Tech). The criteria for IIT-JEE includes that candidate must have passed 12th standard with PCM subjects. Since you have completed diploma course, you will have to take entrance exam which is Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).LEET is conducted is various states across the country. You need minimum of 50 percent marks in diploma to appear for it.
23rd September 2014, 07:41 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You will have to appear in LEET i.e Lateral Entry Engineering Test. You have to score above 60 per cent aggregate in class 12 or diploma course. Normally, for getting into the IIT, you have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) which is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs. Initially you have to appear as a candidate in the JEE (Main) which is conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April. JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June. Only the top 1,50,000 scorers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced). The JEE (Advanced) have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours.
28th September 2016, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed diploma in information Technology from maharashtra and I want to take admission for B.tech in delhi. so what is the process for that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?