1st June 2010, 05:54 PM
Aditi Sangoram

Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?

Do the diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year????
i have heard that der is no entrance exam fr diploma holders...is it true?????
kindly plz tell me the admission process fr b.tech admission....
waiting fr ur eager reply...

Related Questions:
  1. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible for BE? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  2. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible in IIT? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  3. What is better, Diploma or 12th? What are the advantages of doing diploma+degree over 12th+degree? Does IIT offer direct 2nd year entry to diploma holders? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What are courses which we can take next after completion of diploma course?
  5. Which further course i can do after ITI (Machinist) completion?
  6. Which colleges offer Lateral entry in engineering for diploma holders in Chandigarh and other states?
  7. How to join a good engineering college after backlog in 1st and 2nd semester in Polytechnic?
  8. Direct admission for graduation after diploma?
  9. Should I go for diploma or B.Tech after 12th class? -- [New]
  10. Admission criteria for Diploma holders to do engineering?
  11. Can diploma holders get direct admission in B.E 2nd year? Which subjects will I have to study in 3rd year? What is the fees for it?
  12. Is there any opportunity for diploma holder to take admission in 2nd year? I have completed diploma course
  13. Are Diploma Holders eligible for IIT JEE Entrance exam?
  14. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  15. Diploma holders can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT?
  16. Is the diploma holders eligible to apply for police constable job?
  17. Admission in 2nd year of engineering after Diploma in Printing Technology?
  18. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
31st July 2011, 02:29 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Default Re: Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi Sangoram View Post
ya its true but you will not get the good collage
for getting a good collage you have to give the entance exam which shall be conducted by the individual universities or at the state level.

i advice you to go through the entrance exam for good results and for your good future.
31st July 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?

u have not mentioned your state... in some of the states there is an entrance exam(dipcet) to get into be or btech directly to second year...
31st July 2011, 02:17 PM
jitendra1117

hi friend
it's really true that you can get admission in 2nd year after passing diploma , some where you can get direct admission in 2nd years b.tech degree courses ,it totally depend upon your high percentage, if you have high percentage in diploma courses then you are easily choosed by them
31st July 2011, 02:18 PM
jitendra1117

hi friend
it's really true that you can get admission in 2nd year after passing diploma , some where you can get direct admission in 2nd years b.tech degree courses ,it totally depend upon your high percentage, if you have high percentage in diploma courses then you are easily choosed by them
31st July 2011, 02:54 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi Sangoram View Post
B.Tech admission after completing diploma course.

Yes, definitely you can take admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech course after completing diploma through the lateral entry examination. The lateral entry is the entrance examination for the diploma holder candidates to admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course.

If you have complete diploma course then you can apply for the lateral entry examination. You can also apply in the final year of diploma for the lateral entry examination. Many private and government institute conducts the lateral entry examination for the admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course.

In the IIT college there are no any facility for the lateral entry examination but under the AIEEE college gives lateral entry facility for the admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course. Many private college conducts the lateral entry examination for the admission in the B.Tech course like KIIT University, VIT University, Amity college of engineering ....and many other.

So, you can get directly admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry examination after completing the diploma course and after completing B.Tech course you can get a good job in a big company.

Regards
~Mukul~
31st July 2011, 04:33 PM
yalavarthi.srilakshmi

yeah it is true diploma students they don'n need any exam to join 2'nd year b-tech.One of my friend pema she came from bhutan she completed her diploma in her country.She joined in our college in2'nd year.so there is no exam for diploma students so my friend hurry up
31st July 2011, 08:38 PM
ajeetajeet1250

Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?

Quote: Originally Posted by Aditi Sangoram

B.Tech admission after completing diploma course.

Yes, definitely you can take admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech course after completing diploma through the lateral entry examination. The lateral entry is the entrance examination for the diploma holder candidates to admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course.

If you have complete diploma course then you can apply for the lateral entry examination. You can also apply in the final year of diploma for the lateral entry examination. Many private and government institute conducts the lateral entry examination for the admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course.

In the IIT college there are no any facility for the lateral entry examination but under the AIEEE college gives lateral entry facility for the admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course. Many private college conducts the lateral entry examination for the admission in the B.Tech course like KIIT University, VIT University, Amity college of engineering ....and many other.

So, you can get directly admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry examination after completing the diploma course and after completing B.Tech course you can get a good job in a big company.

Regards
31st July 2011, 09:29 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Yes it is true that there is no any entrance exam for Diploma passed student to take admission in 2nd year.

Diploma passed student can take direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech without any entrance exam.

To take admission in any college you have to contact with the college in which you want to take admission.admission in the college depends on the college.

If you take admission in B.Tech after Diploma you can get good marks and good success because all syllabus of Diploma is included in Engineering syllabus.

You can take admission in the branch which you have in Diploma.
26th August 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

I have complete my diploma with 75% but due to ill health I cannt clear one back(Maths). Can I get admission in B.Tech 2nd year or I have to wait for the result. I have also cleared IP enterance text with 500 ranking. Upto how much rank we can get admission in good college. Please tell the good college name who give admission to diploma holders My email [email protected]. Please guide me.
Thanks
18th February 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

is it true that after 12th we get direct admission in 2nd year in engineering collage???
what is required %age in class 10th for getting admission in diploma!!!
27th February 2012, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I'm doing diploma in Mechatronics Engg in final year. Can i get admision in b.tech Lateral Entry in Amity(Gurgaon) and which is the best course for that.pls give me reply soon sir,,,
27th February 2012, 04:54 PM
michael_scofield

After Diploma students are
eligible for B.Tech courses. They
are given an option for lateral
entry in to the 2nd year of the
B.Tech program. This is a huge
advantage as they have already
covered the basics in the diploma
courses. The engineering lateral
entry application form will be
available for purchase from
different government
engineering colleges in the state.
Fill up the application forms and
also enclose the mark list copy
along with it and sent it to the
concerning address. Candidates
are given the liberty to choose
any department and college for
doing the course. As you are
aiming to join.as
Panjab
Rajashthan
Uttarkhand

Haryana
IPU delhi
Jaypee university
KIIT
LPU
and many more
28th March 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Mam,
Can u plz tell me wen will the application form of ECET will be released..... and wen will the ECET training classes start?
28th March 2012, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

sir I'm doing diploma from Karnataka its my final year and I want to appear for the c.e t exam for b.e can u help me with the date of exams and procedure for appearing the same...
7th April 2012, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

WHAT SYLLABUS OF IIT-JEE FOR DIPLOMA HOLDER
31st May 2012, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

is it true that the c.e.t entrence exam will not be conducted in karnataka for diploma students ? is it true ?? plxx reply
9th June 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

Sir please tell its true for diploma cet exam will not conducted?
14th June 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

hey i have completed my diploma in computer engineering..

now i want get admission in iit in gujarat..

what i have to do for that??

give me details or procedures.... to me
19th June 2012, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my diploma in tamilnadu and i wish to join engineering in bangalore kindly help me with the information required to join and i would like to know the fees details
10th February 2016, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

I have successfully completed a one year Diploma in Apparel Manufacturing Technology from Delhi. Do this diploma can help me to Get the admission by lateral entry?Is there any correspondence/Distance college who can give me the admission in UG course by lateral entry??Is there any college,where i can apply for Master degree after my diploma without doing UG?
15th February 2016, 10:24 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?

-> Yes diploma holders can directly get admission in 2nd year of engineering , this is commonly called lateral entry .
-> For getting admission in private colleges , there will be no entrance exam like that where as for getting admission in government colleges or colleges which are affliated and running under public universities exam will be there and based on the rank you will get college and corresponding branch .
24th April 2016, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm copleted diploma eee I have no intrest in b tech may I know any shirt term cources and specialization after diploma
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?