10th November 2010, 03:27 PM
sreejith ravi

How can the diploma holders take admission in MCA or MBA?

how to take diploma holders in mca and mba. i'm complete in diploma in computer engineering. now i'm in working in network company. i'm complete my diploma in NTTF(nettur technical training foundation in tellicherry)

1st May 2011, 04:34 PM
sandeep512

Default Re: How can the diploma holders take admission in MCA or MBA?

you have to 1st do a degree course after that you can go for mca or mba
1st May 2011, 04:49 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Well just having Diploma is not enough to get there for MBA or MCA. Way to them is very long for Diploma holders, as diploma can not take place of degree.

So, better first complete your graduation.

Since you are diploma holder and working executive way to graduation degree will become quite easier. Better persue your graduation from SMU (Sikkim Manipal University) through corresspondance mode. It will take 2 years for completing B.sc (IT) or BCA as diploma holder can free to take lateral entry into 2nd years, however few requirements are there.

Since you are already working with a Network Company, better persue B.sc (NT) ie; Networking Technology.

For B.scNT Checkout the complete details HERE

For BCA or B.sc (IT) checkout complete details HERE

Later after that if you find any need for MCA or MBA you can proceed further. Since till you complete your graduation you would have good enough experiance for managerial skills so better opt for MBA (IT).

Regards
~Faiyaz~
1st May 2011, 05:04 PM
rahul_kumar066

yes you could do mba after diploma from MIT pune mumbai you could also join anna university for doing mba and mca
1st May 2011, 05:52 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

No,you can't do post graduation course without graduation course.

So first take admission in good graduation colleges,complete the course with good score.

If your are interest in MBA,then apply for CAT/MAT exam,if you get good percentile in that exam,you will be getting admission in top Management Institute.
1st May 2011, 07:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith ravi View Post
how to take diploma holders in mca and mba. i'm complete in diploma in computer engineering. now i'm in working in network company. i'm complete my diploma in NTTF(nettur technical training foundation in tellicherry)
No, diploma students are not eligible to apply for MCA And MBA course. To apply for MBA and MCA course, you need to complete your graduate first, Only graduate candidates are eligible to apply for MCA and MBA course.

So, i will suggest you, just complete your Graduation first and then think about these post graduation courses.

Since you have completed your diploma in Computer engineering course, then you will get direct admission in 2nd year in degree course, So please do graduation course first and then you are eligible to apply for these given course.
1st May 2011, 08:48 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

With just diploma course you cannot apply for the MBA or MCA course.

Following is the eligibility criteria for MCA course:

Educational qualification- BCA at graduation level/ Graduation from any stream with mathematics at 10+2 level.

Eligibility for MBA course:

Educational qualification- Graduation from any stream with minimum of 55%. or BBA at graduation level will assist much in doing MBA.

As you are a diploma holder you need to have a graduation degree for commencing MCA or MBA.
2nd May 2011, 01:31 PM
roligupta91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith ravi View Post
for MCA YOU SHOULD BE GRADUATE IN ANY STREAM.and have mathematics as subject in 12th
for MBA graduation in any stream is required
2nd May 2011, 07:40 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

ust having Diploma is not enough to get there for MBA or MCA. Way to them is very long for Diploma holders, as diploma can not take place of degree.

So, better first complete your graduation
21st May 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

i have 3 years diploma in computer science & engg. from govt.polytechnic and private graduation (B.A.) . can i get lateral entry in MCA?
16th June 2011, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

I M 10 2(PCM) AND DIPLOMA FROM CR POLYTECHNIC CAN I TAKE ADMISSION IN FINAL YEAR OF GRADUATION
23rd June 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

hi
i have completed 11th and a one year diploma course(dca) after that i have done diploma in computer science & engg(3years) so am i eligible to do mba or mca?
1st July 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Hai friends,
I am completed 10th pass diploma in electronic communication engg. now i am interested to join MBA. I am eligible to join r not?
2nd July 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

sir i am rahul prasad from ranchi.
i want to take admission in du
then what will i have to do for take admission
plz reply???????????
20th July 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

i heard tat after diploma with 3 years f experience, v can join MBA.. is it so????? plz reply me 9788029399
27th July 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

hi am ravi passed diploma in elecrtical engg. i wanna go to abroad how can i apply ? suggest me easy nd economical way
10th August 2011, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am manoj passed diploma in mech with 2 year exp. in maintenance dept. Which is best for me high study only for maintenance related. Plz suggestion me
11th August 2011, 02:11 AM
suchiii

Diploma holders can not take admission in MCA ,for doing MCA one should have graduate.you have to done graduation for taking admission in MCA.
11th August 2011, 08:19 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Sorry to say that your educational status is not enough to pursue post graduation courses like MBA or MCA.In order to pursue these courses you need to complete your graduation first.It would be better if you choose computer science branch in your graduation as you already had computer science trade in your diploma.

Best of Luck......
11th August 2011, 02:32 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Cool Re: How can the diploma holders take admission in MCA or MBA?

For taking admission in MCA or MBA you have to complete your graduation but you only completed your diploma so at this stage you are not eligible for taking admission in MCA or MBA.
So firstly complete your graduation only then you can apply for these courses.
25th August 2011, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Thank you faiyaz,

For your guidance
25th August 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Thank you faiyaz,

Your guidance helped me a lot.
3rd September 2011, 01:24 PM
sanju38121

Sorry, sir you can't get admission in MBA or in MCA with the diploma. The min qualification for the MBA is graduation with 55% marks from a recognized university.

For MCA you should be BCA from a recognized university with mathematics.
So firstly go for the graduation in the relevant field. You can also do your graduation through distance education mode

the various distance education colleges are
smu

ignou

srm tamilnadu

ksou mysore

thapar university

lpu jalandhar.

All the best
regards.
3rd September 2011, 01:50 PM
sanju38121

Sorry, sir you can't get admission in MBA or in MCA with the diploma. The min qualification for the MBA is graduation with 55% marks from a recognized university.

For MCA you should be BCA from a recognized university with mathematics.
So firstly go for the graduation in the relevant field. You can also do your graduation through distance education mode

the various distance education colleges are
smu

ignou

srm tamilnadu

ksou mysore

thapar university

lpu jalandhar.

All the best
regards.
16th November 2011, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Okay now for all the Engg diploma holders, let me tell you one thing it is possible for you to pursue not an academic MBA but executive MBA after diploma 2 years of experience or simply join courses offered by yhe following professional bodies:

IIMM (Indian institute of material management)

IIIE (Indian institute of industrial engineering)

These bodies offer professional degrees to practitioners in engineering management.
17th November 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Hey, My name is joy, i amfrom patiala punjab, i am completed my 10 2 with 80 % and have a 3 year diploma in aeronautical engineering and aircraft maintenance in honours with 81 %.Also, i have 1 year working experience in aviation industry. Sir/ Ma'am i need to know can i join Mba or Mca with my current qualifications . please reply at s.joypreet @yahoo.com
22nd March 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir/Madmin

My name is Sathya Yashwanth

I have completed my diploma in ECE and i am having 3 years of experience in IT Networking field,
am i Eligible for MBA Please replay me to [email protected]
18th April 2012, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

hi

i have completed diploma in computer 3 years ,is it possible for me to do MCA ?plz reply for this

regards
Ann
30th April 2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

i am mca candidate can i take class for diploma students
26th June 2012, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i had completed my 3yrs diploma in engineering with 12yrs industrial experience can i get admission to mba
20th August 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am B.COM graduate(2 years) in the year of 1996. I.T.I-1998, Working exp-14 years in construction company in mechnical dept. correspondence diploma mechanical 3 years. I want to do MBA. Please let me know the suitable course in MBA.
Is operation management suitable for me?

Ambarish Das
7th May 2013, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

hi myslf rajesh jagtap , i had done 3 yrs polytechnic diploma in electronics after 10 2 , now i want to take admision in MBA ...can i get the admision ....
31st May 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

how can the diploma holders in electronics take admission for bca
11th June 2013, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Diploma holder is able to take admission in B.A or not?
18th June 2013, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Hello! to be clear, lets have a look at the following conditions to be eligible for MBA/MCA admissions:
MCA-BCA/Graduation with Mathematics at 10 2 level as a subject.
MBA-Graduation and most often comes with CAT/MAT/etc.

So both MCA & MBA requires graduation and it is an academic fact that diploma holders in any field are not graduates.
For diploma holders, enroll for a degree course and later go gor MCA/MBA.
thank you.
10th July 2013, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

NO, even i'm also in the same boat.. its not possible Masters after 10 3 years diploma.. so I had opted for BCA lateral entry..

don't think much on this... Just decide n join any Bachelor courses like BSc IT, BScNT, BCA or else time will go off gain u have to wait for one more admission...

All the best,
1st August 2013, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I am a diploma holder in Electrical Engineering having 15 years experience. I want to be a graduate in engineering. as I am still working away from India (in the UAE), can I do my graduation in engineering through distance learning or correspondence ? And from where I can apply for this? also how many years I have to study for completing graduation? Please give me advice.
1st August 2013, 01:55 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are neither eligible for MCA or the MBA course. The diploma is not equivalent to the graduation which is what you need to have for Master of Computer Applications and the Master of Business Administration.

What you should do is Bachelor of Technology course. It is would best option for you at this moment. You can get admission for Bachelor of Technology through the lateral entry scheme.

Under this scheme you can take admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology. This would mean that the B.Tech course will be 3 years instead of 4 years. This is quite common for the diploma holders to get admission through the lateral entry scheme.

You must have completed diploma from a AICTE recognized college to apply for the B.Tech course. There is a entrance exam called Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).

You can appear for this entrance exam but must have 60 percent marks in diploma course. If you dont have the sufficient marks then apply for some other entrance exam which is also conducted for lateral entry. LEET is not the only entrance exam for lateral entry.

Some colleges prefer to conduct their own written test. You can also apply for it.

After finishing B.Tech you can apply for any of the two post graduate courses that you mentioned in the question. Although I will not recommend Master of Computer Applications.

It is better to do Master of Technology or the Master of Business Administration. There are number of entrance exams for MBA.

CAT

MAT

GMAT

JMET

KMAT

SNAP

TANCET

XAT

The most popular exam which I will also recommend is Common Admission Test (CAT). It is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management. The IIMs are the finest business schools in the country.

CAT Eligibility

1. You should have completed graduation.

2. Must have 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST will need 45 percent marks.
26th April 2014, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have finished 12th and 3 years diploma, pls assist whether am eligible to do MBA in distance education.

Rgds/Atharish
19th February 2015, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir /madam
I have 3 year diploma of c.r polytechnic of plastic technology and 4 year experince mnc company.
what i can do mba ? please tell my no: 08569825416,9468496474 and mail [email protected]
15th February 2017, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

In 2000 one of my friend has completed diploma in civil engineering & in 2006 he did mba distance learning from sikkim manipal University after showing experience of 5 years. Is it possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?