7th September 2014, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?

Respected Sir/Madam,
Myself Smrutiparna, Diploma holder. I want to know that can i join B.Tech through lateral entry without appearing JEE(Main) 2014 or need to appear? I saw in an article in which it has been written that, "AICTE informs that Diploma Holders need not appear for JEE Main!
(Published On: 10-Jun-2013, 16:55)".

8th September 2014, 11:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?

IITs and NITs don't give lateral entry admission to Diploma candidates. Hence, you can't apply for JEE Main and Advance if you want direct admission into 2nd year.

There is separate entrance exam for lateral entry and you need to apply for exams like LEET for getting admission into 2nd year of engineering. JEE Main and Advance is only for 12th pass students and Diploma holders are surely not eligible for it because there is no separate paper for lateral entry admission in JEE.

Therefore, if you want to save your 1 year and get admission into 2nd year then apply for LEET. There are many top colleges other than IITs and NITs which offer admission on the basis of LEET and you can easily get admission into 2nd year of Engineering.

For more information visit LEET
1st June 2016, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?

I completed bhilai Poly Technic 2yr diploma.i have 70% marks in diploma exam.am i eligible for lateral entry?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?