25th December 2013, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Procedure of lateral entry into B.Tech/B.E. for polytechnic passsout?

Sir,what is the procedure for lateral entry into B.Tech/ BE for diploma passed from polytechnics. Is there some reservation for lateral entry for pass out diploma holders from thaper polytechnic.

26th December 2013, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure of lateral entry into B.Tech/B.E. for polytechnic passsout?

Sir i will camplited diploma in 2014 so process of letrel entry exam take addmission in b.tech kandly you are told me
6th January 2014, 09:05 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure of lateral entry into B.Tech/B.E. for polytechnic passsout?

Lateral entry scheme is for the diploma candidates to get admission directly in the second year of engineering undergraduate course (BE/B.Tech). The admission is done based on the rank secured by the candidate in the LEET exam. The LEET is an entrance exam conducted by the Technical Board of Education of each state. The name can be different in various state like JELET,etc. The exam is conducted for the candidates of that particular state and the candidates can seek admission in the engineering colleges of that particular state. The eligibility criteria regarding the percentage bar in diploma to appear for the entrance exam differs from state to state. Usually 10% of the seats are reserved in the engineering colleges for Lateral Entry students. Even one can seek admission in the private universities in India. The admission in the private universities is also done through LEET exam but that exam is conducted by the concerned private institution.

The details about the LEET exam and Lateral entry scheme in Thapar university is attached herewith. The details regarding the number of seats reserved for each branch is also present in the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf thapar.pdf(4.98 MB, 549 views)
27th April 2014, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

which is the best course in polytechnic?is there lateral entry in b.tech for diploma in chemical engineering students in andhra pradesh
12th January 2015, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

When will the iit entrance exams will conducted for diploma students ? if the exam is conducted in April or may we have final year exam i.e we have 6th sem exams in the same month then how can we attend the entrance is there any choice sir .
14th May 2015, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir tell me about mining course and i want to do iit in mining and i am doing a diploma course after 10th
Plz....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?