26th July 2016, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Does IGNOU and SMU provides Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th with Science stream. Now I want to study Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management through distance mode. Are IGNOU and SMU provides this course in distance mode?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should I do in order to have a good job and high post in Hospitality sector?
  2. How to join HM college if I am a student of 12th science under WB board?
  3. Converting Hotel Management Diploma to BSc in Hotel Management by giving extra papers
  4. Can we do hotel management and catering together? I am doing 12th and want to do Hotel Management after 12th?
  5. Having done Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology am I eligible for BHMCT?
  6. Graduation Courses in Hotel Management after Diploma in Hotel Management and Experience -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Whether Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology course is available? Entrance exam for this course? Whether a candidate get admission in degree course after completing diploma?
  8. How to get a job after doing 3 years diploma in hotel management and catering technology
  9. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management in International Institute of Hotel Management, Ahmedabad?
  10. How much percentage in 12th is required to apply for hotel management course? -- [New]
  11. What kind of jobs are available for a candidate through Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management?
  12. Can I get pursue Diploma in Catering Restaurant Management along with HSC simultaneously? Job opportunities after this course?
  13. How much marks is required for admission in BHM course? Which colleges are best for it?
  14. How to join catering jobs in IRCTC after B.Sc in catering science and hotel Management?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission in any IHM college if I have taken 20000 rank?
  16. How to go for higher studies after completing my diploma in Hotel Management, Catering Technology from IHMCT Chennai?
  17. Having Maths in 12th will create any problem to become Chef?
  18. Possibilities to get direct admission in second year of Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management course at SRM University?
28th July 2016, 02:14 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IGNOU and SMU provides Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed 12th with Science stream. Now I want to study Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management through distance mode. Are IGNOU and SMU provides this course in distance mode?

IGNOU has the following courses in the School of Tourism and Hospitality Service Management;
PhD in Tourism and Hospitality
M.Sc in Hospitality Administration
Master of Tourism & Travel Management
B.A Tourism Studies
B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
Diploma in Tourism Studies
Certificate in Tourism Studies
The Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management course is not available in IGNOU. The IGNOU website link is Click Here
The SMU does not have the Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management course. The SMU website link is Click Here
28th July 2016, 09:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IGNOU and SMU provides Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management?

Diploma in hotel and catering management course is offered by AICTE approved institutes only through regular classes. It can't be done in distance mode because it requires a lot of practical work in lab.
Even if you study a distance mode course in this field from a recognized university, it will not help you get a decent job in top hotels because they prefer regular students.
29th July 2016, 10:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that IGNOU and SMU does not provide the course of Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management.
So, you must try in some other Institutes to study the above said course as this course is not available in IGNOU and SMU.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?