27th December 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Doing Diploma then B.Tech is better or B.Tech after 12th is better?

if you have decided to become Engineer then you should do it after 10th instead of 12th. do diploma course and then take D 2 D admission to complete Degree. total time =06 years. don't go for 12 th science. you will get additional diploma certificate and you have option to do job after diploma.

This was suggested by my well wishers, can you tell me it it is good?

29th December 2013, 09:46 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Doing Diploma then B.Tech is better or B.Tech after 12th is better?

This is the most controversial topic of modern India and different people have different opinions. So the more you listen to more number of people you will get confused since every people will support one side of it with his/her point of view and logic. At the end of the day, you will be in utter confusion having a dilemma on which way to proceed. This can also result into a wrong step which can reflect in your future career. SO you need to assess yourself first, your objective and goals and then proceed in the desired path. DO not worry, we will guide you and help you in choosing the right path for you.

First of all, you need to take a decision that whether you will do higher studies,i.e,graduation course or not. If you want job right at the age of your 10+2, then you need to go for diploma course. If you want to pursue graduation or higher studies in the field of engineering then you should go for normal 10+2. We will cite out the reasons behind this statement.

-There are many entrance exams through which you can get into reputed colleges of engineering which contain more percentage of seats for 10+2 candidates as compared to 10% of seats for diploma ones.

-Lateral Entry scheme is not present in all reputed colleges.

-It is true that you will get to study the branch subjects of your engineering branch in your diploma which will help in your engineering degree course further but they are just fundamentals and are of very little help in the degree course.

-You will not get to deal with the core Mathematics in your diploma that is required in the 3rd and 4th semester of your B.Tech course, hence this will be detrimental for you.

-If you are opting for engineering branch other than computer science in your diploma, you will not get to learn the programming concepts and essential computer basics which is required in every branch of engineering especially electronics, electrical, instrumentation, mechanical related field of engineering.

-However, if you are not sure of whether you will pursue higher studies or not, then it is useful to go for diploma course as it will give you many options like job or higher studies in your future and save a year as well.

So, analyze yourself properly, analyze your aims and goals and then take a decision as per your own interest rather than what other people suggest since it is your career and it is you who have to pursue the course.
13th January 2014, 09:36 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Whatever the thing that is suggested for you is 100% right. If your very goal is to become an Engineer, then it would be better for you of joining in Diploma course rather than joining for 10+2.

Joining Diploma course will provide you Diploma certificate.

It will let you to get admission for 2nd year of Engineering directly.

It will provide you job opportunities also if you don't want to go for Engineering.

Joining Engineering after Diploma would be easy for the candidates as many of the subjects and concepts in Engineering were already covered in Diploma itself.

These many advantages you are going to loose if you you do your 10+2.

Many of the candidates will not know these things and they directly opt for 10+2.

One more advantage for you is,

You will be having less competition at the time of Entrance Exam to get admission for 2nd year of Engineering.

But if you want to get admission for Engineering by cracking Entrance Exam after 10+2, then the competition is huge.

And you are not sure that you will be given admission for Engineering in a top college.

Some of the Diploma courses will be
Diploma in Civil Engineering
Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering

Join Diploma course in the steam in which you are interested and make most out of it.

Wish you all the best.
30th May 2014, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

doing diploma after 12th then going for b tech. in mechanical engg., beneficial in future?
26th January 2015, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I complate diploma with second class and I didn't get admissions in b.tech govt collage and my financial condition is poor so can't take admission in selfiance collage so give any suggestions for other post graduation after diploma mechanical
29th June 2016, 01:26 AM
Ronie0309

There are a few outlining differences between diploma after 10th and engineering after 12th.
Syllabus wise a diploma student gets exposed to a lot of practical applications in his/her respective field as compared to engineering students which have more focus on theory and other subjects.Although diploma students struggle with maths a lot after entering engineering colleges.
Though 2nd year direct admission is allowed in most colleges some of the premier ones do not accept these sort of admissions.
1st December 2016, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in govt job,I have passed my 12th board exam,if I do B tech in electrical engineering is it beneficial to me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?