19th November 2015, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for B.Tech in IITs after diploma in Civil engineering from AITAM?

I am studying diploma 2nd year in civil engineering in AITAM ( Aditya Institute Of Technology And Management) Tekkali .Am I eligible for studying B.Tech in IIT after my diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any others exas other than gate to enter IITs or IISc for doing masters in civil engineering?
  2. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for doing Architecture bachelor degree after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  3. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  4. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  5. Is it possible to get admission in CSE after completion of diploma in mining engineering?
  6. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  7. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  8. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  9. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech without entrance exam for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required to do diploma in petrochemical engineering?
  11. Admission in the Oil and Gas pipeline management course after diploma in Civil Engineering? Eligibility criteria for the course?
  12. B.Tech in electrical engineering is possible after diploma in civil engineering?
  13. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to get a job in CDAC after passing diploma in civil engineering?
  15. How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam?
  16. Can I study B.Tech in Environmental Engineering if completed undergraduate in Civil Engineering?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria for civil engineering exam?
  18. How to do B.Tech after pursuing diploma in civil engineering?
20th November 2015, 10:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for B.Tech in IITs after diploma in Civil engineering from AITAM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying diploma 2nd year in civil engineering in AITAM ( Aditya Institute Of Technology And Management) Tekkali .Am I eligible for studying B.Tech in IIT after my diploma?
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for B.Tech course in IIT. Only 12th standard candidates can apply for B.Tech course in IIT through IIT Mains and Advance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Advanced exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years. Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
20th November 2015, 02:47 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for B.Tech in IITs after diploma in Civil engineering from AITAM?

No, you are not eligible for getting admission in the IIT on the basis of your diploma. Because the IIT does not offers admission under Lateral entry scheme.

However if you had completed your 12th already then you can go for the IIT by going through the JEE main exam.

You have to clear IIT advance exam also to get admission in the IIT. So my suggestion to you is that you should prepare yourself in a better way to crack both the exams.
20th November 2015, 05:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IITs don't have any lateral entry procedure for admission in B.Tech course. Therefore, diploma holders have to look for other option to get admission in engineering degree course.

You have to apply for exams like LEET, JELET, UPSEE, DET, etc. These are mostly conducted on state level for admission in direct second year admission in B.Tech for diploma holders.
20th November 2015, 07:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to study B.Tech in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma in Civil Engineering course from AITAM because, IIT's does not offers lateral entry admissions to Diploma holders. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to apply for admission in B.Tech course in IIT.
21st November 2015, 03:19 PM
Lonely♡

No, you will not get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course. Because IIT doesn't offers lateral entry scheme for admission of B.Tech.

To get admission in IIT, you must be going through the JEE(Joint entrance examination) exam which is conducted by IIT.
Only 12th pass students with PCM from recognized board are eligible for IIT.

If you had completed 12th,then you are eligible.
But students with only diploma are not eligible for IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?