16th March 2015, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam I have to appear for study lateral B.Tech in IIT being a Diploma student?

Hi,
I am Vikram Baja. I am studying in Diploma
in Mechanical Engineering. I want to do
B.Tech in IIT. So, which entrance exam I have
to give for getting lateral entry?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  2. Marks required for admission to IITs in Lateral entry for B.Tech (Plastic Technology)?
  3. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  4. Procedure to get admission in any government college of Maharashtra to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Diploma in ECE student? What does Lateral Entry Test means?
  5. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  6. Will there be any Lateral Entrance into 2nd year B.Tech after completion of Diploma?
  7. Are Lateral Entry admissions possible in IIT after Diploma?
  8. How to get BE/B.Tech. lateral entry admission in IIT or NIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to get into Aeronautics after completing 10th with 91%?
  10. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing Metallurgy Diploma?
  11. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  12. How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam?
  13. How to apply for diploma lateral entry exam for engineering in Tamilnadu while in ECE diploma?
  14. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  15. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam?
  16. Am I eligible for Lateral entry in B.Tech from other state?
  17. Lateral entry into B.Tech without any entrance exam in Kolkata?
  18. Syllabus for polytechnic student for btech entrance exam in DTU
17th March 2015, 07:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear for study lateral B.Tech in IIT being a Diploma student?

No, you cannot study B.Tech course in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course because IITs does not offers Lateral entry admission to B.Tech course. Only candidates who had completed 12th standard and those who had qualified JEE Main and Advanced examinations are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in IITs. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you cannot get admission in B.Tech course in IITs. But, if you are interested to study B.Tech course in any other colleges/universities equivalent to IITS, you need to appear in entrance examinations like LEET/JELET/ECET examination to get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
17th March 2015, 11:10 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear for study lateral B.Tech in IIT being a Diploma student?

A diploma holder cannot apply for the B.Tech Course in IIT. Because there is no lateral entry scheme in the IIT. There is no provision for diploma holders to apply for B.Tech in IIT. However you can try to get admission for B.Tech through lateral entry in some other college which offers Lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?