24th September 2011, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

Will there be any Lateral Entrance into 2nd year B.Tech after completion of Diploma?

is there a lateral entrance into btech 2nd year after comleting diploma?
i want to join btech

Related Questions:
  1. Does colleges which comes under government category provide admission for diploma students in 2nd year through lateral entry?
  2. What should I study further after completion of Mechanical Diploma course? -- [New]
  3. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Lateral entry into B.Tech without any entrance exam in Kolkata?
  5. How to get into Aeronautics after completing 10th with 91%?
  6. Am I eligible for B.Tech plastic engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry after completing diploma
  7. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  8. Can I get admission in degree after completion of diploma in Maharashtra?
  9. Procedure and criteria of B.Tech entrance exam for 3 years Diploma in Computer Science? Is there lateral entry exam for polytechnic student?
  10. Eligibility for B.Tech lateral entry after Diploma?
  11. Am I eligible for the programme of B.Tech in Plastic Engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry
  12. How to get lateral entry admission in NIT after Diploma completion?
  13. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  14. Can I continue my Diploma to get good Job having a year gap after completion of 1st year of Diploma with 84%?
  15. Career after diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  16. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  17. How to get admission in B.Tech course after passing Diploma in Computer in Maharashtra?
  18. Will there be any Lateral Entry Scheme into 2nd year of BCA after completion of 3 years Diploma in Computer Science?
24th September 2011, 01:00 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any Lateral Entrance into 2nd year B.Tech after completion of Diploma?

Yes of course you can enter into the engineering college through the lateral entry by the recently notified (January) new regulations for lateral admission to engineering programs which is as following :-

If you a B.Sc. degree with mathematics as a subject and 60 per cent aggregate at the U.G. level then you can gain lateral entry into the second year or III semester of the B.E. / B.Tech course

Lateral Entry Engineering Test(LEET) is a examination through which you can take admission in 2nd year or 3rd semester of BE/B.Tech engineering.

Eligibility:

you can take admission in the BE/BTech programs if:

1:you pass any diploma degree of minimum 3 years after 10th.

or

you pass any diploma degree of minimum 2 years after 12th from any polytechnic institute affiliated with State Board of Technical Education(SBTE) or any University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE with minimum of 60% marks and 55% marks for SC/ST in aggregate or any gradation system

2:you qualify LEET with at least 20% aggregate marks and 15% for SC/ST students

3:you are a citizen of India.

If you have fulfilled the above conditions then you would be eligible for appearing in the entrance test organized by AICTE to enter into BE/B.Tech.

There are 250 colleges and over 90,000 seats all over India where you can take a entry as lateral.
5th February 2012, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will there be any Lateral Entrance into 2nd year B.Tech after completion of Diploma?

Is there any other entrance exam for engg agter diplamo
25th February 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Is there any lateral entry in btech after 12th,having 2 year diploma degree???
28th June 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of lateral entry exam for direct admission 2nd year in btech for diploma with electrical and electrical engg
18th March 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing F.E.(Mechanical) in pune university. I want to take direct second year admission in JNTU. I want to know the procedure and eligibility of taking admission in B.Tech/B.E courses having mechanical branch as my choice.
My email id is: [email protected]
Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?