13th April 2023, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam to write for pursuing B.Sc Bioinformatics?

I have completed my 10th Board exams. Now, is it possible to take admission in B.Sc Bioinformatics? Is there any entrance? If not graduate degree than how about Diploma in Bioinformatics?

14th April 2023, 04:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam to write for pursuing B.Sc Bioinformatics?

BSc Bioinformatics admissions in India are mainly conducted to top entrance exams like GATE, JEST, BINC. etc.

Some Colleges and Universities also consider the score of state level exam and private exams conducted by the University and few Institutions also grant direct admissions to the students on the basis of their score in 12th.
14th April 2023, 05:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Entrance test are required for admission to the best BSc Bioinformatics colleges.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview based on their performance in the written test, which is the qualifying exam.
The following are the most popular B.Sc bioinformatics entrance exams for which most candidates apply:

DUET
JNUEE
IPU CET
QUCET
BITSAT
BHU PET etc.
15th April 2023, 12:31 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

The entrance exam required to pursue a B.Sc in Bioinformatics depends on the specific university or college you are interested in attending. Some universities may require you to take a common entrance exam, such as the National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) or the All India Entrance Examination (AIEE), while others may have their own entrance exam for admission to the B.Sc in Bioinformatics program.

It's important to research the admission requirements of the universities or colleges you are considering to determine if they require an entrance exam and which specific exam is required.
15th April 2023, 02:40 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

To apply to any bioinformatics course, the candidates must secure 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 10 and 12. Usually, the admission process for BTech is done through the entrance test conducted by the institute or through the national level entrance exam i.e. JEE Main.
15th April 2023, 12:09 PM
Dudu...

The entrance exam required for pursuing B.Sc. Bioinformatics may vary from college to college. However, some of the common entrance exams that you can appear for admission to B.Sc. Bioinformatics program are:

1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Entrance Exam.
2. Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination. (IIT JEE)
3. Common Entrance Examination for Design. (CEED)
4. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Entrance Exam.
5. National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. (NEET)
6. Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination. (CBEE)
15th April 2023, 04:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The following are the most popular BSc Bioinformatics exams for which most candidates apply:-

DUET
JNUEE
IPU CET
OUCET
BITSAT
BHU PET etc.

Eligibility criteria for this exam require 12th, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology any recognised Board of Education.

Age limit:-
-Minimum age limit is 17 years and above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?