17th December 2015, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Is it good to do MEP Piping design after 15 years of work experience as site engineer with no design experience?

I am a diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering. I have 15 years of work experience in Projects site engineering and no design experience (Execution of Ash Handling systems and Fire protection systems). Due to some physical problems I must need to shift to Design or consultancy. Is this a right thing to undergo training in MEP piping design (short term) and any good institutes in Bangalore. Also how will the opportunities be?

Related Questions:
  1. Best training institutes for Piping Design in India?
  2. Which MBA will be suitable for me after passing B.Tech mechanical with 8 years experience in Oil and Gas Piping Construction department?
  3. Which are the classes for Piping Design and Pressure Vessel Design Courses? What is the scope in the relevant field?
  4. Eligibility criteria for Energy Audit and Energy Manager jobs?
  5. Internship for M.Tech Mechanical student having 1 year experience as Design engineer?
  6. Job opportunities in Southern India for an Electrical Engineer who has 2 years of work experience in Tata Motors?
  7. Companies offering Electrical System Design Engineer post for experienced candidate in Electrical System Designing?
  8. How good is piping design course? Is MIT Pune good for that?
  9. Which certificate courses of Building Design & Construction Management can i study after Civil Engineering?
  10. Any institutions offering courses in Piping Design?
  11. How to do MS in Aerospace Engineering in Germany? Names of the universities?
  12. List of universities which offer MS to M.Des postgraduate who has 10 years of work experience? Detailed procedure of admission?
  13. Is it good to work as design engineer or should I try for government jobs like IES?
  14. Institutes which consider 2 years of Work experience and minimum cutoff for these institutes considering the work experience?
  15. Help regarding Maeer's Institute, Pune entrance exam for designing?
  16. How to get admission in London Business School?
  17. When is the next Entrance exam for the Energy Auditors?
  18. How to get admission in MS in USA after four years of work experience? Tips to crack GRE ? -- [Most Discussed]
30th December 2015, 08:48 PM
userdefined

Default Re: Is it good to do MEP Piping design after 15 years of work experience as site engineer with no design experience?

You have made a good choice but because of this choice you might not get the same salary or any increment in salary when you join as a Design Engineer.
After 15 years of experience in Project site Department, try to concentrate in the same field or get into a good designation in other companies with same profile. Since you have 15 years of experience, you have a bright chance in getting Manager role in many companies.
MEP training is good if you are really working on your Physical problems, else then you might think about it.
There are many institutes offering this course in bangalore and there are very limited opportunities since you might have a experience of about 15 years in site Engineer field. But in case of Design Engineer, you do not have a good experience in this field and work on physical problems and go for the same domain in which you are an expert.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?