29th December 2015, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Can i do Diploma on the basis of 10th after failing in 12th?

I have scored 80% in 10th and failed in 12th science stream. I want to do a diploma in civil on the basis of 10th result. Can i do so?

Related Questions:
29th December 2015, 11:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do Diploma on the basis of 10th after failing in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 80% in 10th and failed in 12th science stream. I want to do a diploma in civil on the basis of 10th result. Can i do so?
Yes, you can do diploma course on the basis of 10th or 12th standard. You can also take civil engineering department.

Those candidates who have passed 10th standard with Mathematics, Physical Science & English or completed 12th standard from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible for diploma entrance exam. Your age should be below 21 years.
29th December 2015, 06:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, surely you can apply for polytechnic entrance exam for admission in diploma in civil engineering as you have the required qualification which is class 10th.

Many students who fail in science stream in class 12th go for diploma engineering option. You can also go for it but make sure you perform well in entrance exam and get admission in a top polytechnic.
29th December 2015, 07:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can do Diploma course on the basis of your 10th standard. Candidates who have completed 10th standard from any recognised board are eligible to pursue Diploma course. To get admission in Diploma course, you must have to appear in entrance examinations like JEXPO, POLYCET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year of three years Diploma course.
29th December 2015, 08:31 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue diploma on the basis of 10th result inspite of failing in 12th standard since as per the eligibility criteria of diploma course, tenth is mandatory but not 12th. Hence you are eligible. You can take admission in the good institutes by appearing and cracking the entrance exams which are conducted state-wise and also by the private universities.
29th December 2015, 10:59 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you can do Diploma on the basis of marks scored in the 10th standard. The eligibility to study the diploma is passing in 10th standard with minimum of 50% marks. The candidate can join any 3 year diploma course like Diploma in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Diploma in Computer Science, Diploma in Textile Technology etc. The diploma course is available in many polytechnic colleges like,

Thiagarajar Polytechnic College - http://tpt.edu.in/
Central Polytechnic College, Tharamani, Chennai
Government Polytechnic Mumbai - http://www.gpmumbai.ac.in/
Shree Ram Polytechnic -http://www.shreerampoly.com/
Pusa Polytechnic - http://tte.delhigovt.nic.in/pusapoly.htm

But the wise decision is to clear your 10+2 failed papers and study a degree because you have spend two years in studying 12th standard.
29th December 2015, 11:49 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Definitely you can do the diploma course in civil engineering on the basis of your matriculation after failing in the 12th standard. But if you apply for the diploma on the basis of 10th class then your course duration will be of three years which is otherwise only two years after qualifying the 12th class. For getting admission in good college you should apply for the DET (Diploma Entry Test).
30th December 2015, 09:29 PM
monikasiri

Yes you can do diploma even if you have failed in inter.The eligibility to join in diploma is Tenth Standard.So,you can keep your Tenth standard certificates as eligibility and join in diploma.You can choose any course in which you have interest.You should write an entrance exam and score more than the cut off marks.Ranks will be allotted based on your marks and then counselling is conducted.You can choose a list of colleges and courses in the counselling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?