16th June 2015, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Is it good for girls to take up diploma course in biotechnology?

Do girls study diploma in biotechnolohy because am confused to choose that course? Is advisable for girls or not? Can you please let me know the other courses which I can opt for? Please guide me with the right information as I need decide upon the course soon.

Related Questions:
  1. What to do after B.Sc. Biotechnology? Will there be good scope through the course for girls?
  2. Which are the courses available after BSc Biotech?
  3. What medical course should I do after passing 12th?
  4. Scope after completing Diploma in Biotechnology? Expected salary and best steps to be taken?
  5. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  6. What is the requirement to do BSc Biotech after 12th
  7. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  8. Diploma courses after B.Sc Biotechnology? Colleges and admission procedure?
  9. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  10. B.Sc(biotechnology) or B.Tech(biotechnology): better choice for a job in Biotechnology field? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is there any scope for CSE diploma? Which diploma girls can opt?
  12. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which eligible course should I choose related to Biotechnology having completed diploma in Horticulture?
  14. Is marine engineering a good course to study? Is it a good course for girls?
  15. Is Aeronautical course a good choice for Girls? Do girls have to stay away from house for this?
  16. Job opportunities for PG Diploma in Biotechnology candidate?
  17. What are the opportunities for B.Tech(Biotechnology)? Can I opt for Biotechnology in B.Tech?
  18. What is the scope/outcome of Science in Higher Secondary other than Engineering and Medical?
16th June 2015, 02:58 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it good for girls to take up diploma course in biotechnology?

Diploma in Biotechnology is a good course as it deals with the study of living organism to produce products and services to our society. The main application's of this field are cheese production, brewing, and wastewater management, through to drug design and gene therapy.

There are many career opportunities available for a degree holder in biotechnology trade such as:-
  1. Chemical companies (nanotechnology and biosensor applications)
  2. Legal and consulting companies (business plan analyst)
  3. Pharmaceutical companies (drug design and development or pharmaceutical production)
  4. Agriculture (plant breeding and engineering)
  5. Diagnostics companies (diagnostic test design and production)

So it is on your interest that either you will go for it or not. If still facing any confusion then i suggest you to consult your parents as well as seniors who are passed out from this field. They will definitely helps you under this situation.
16th June 2015, 05:04 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Any candidate who is interested in Biotechnology course can join in this diploma in biotechnology course, whether it is a boy or a girl. There is no such thing, that only boys should join in diploma course in biotechnology course. So, if you are really interested in knowing about biotechnology, you can join in biotechnology course. Following are some of the courses, which are related to field of Biotechnology.
->Cell Biology and Genetics
->Molecular Biology
->Molecular Biology and Genetics in Modern Medicine
->Molecular Principles of Bio-materials
->Gene Manipulation in Plants
11th October 2017, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Please suggest the name of best university in Bengaluru & Pune for Biotechnology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?