26th April 2015, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope/outcome of Science in Higher Secondary other than Engineering and Medical?

Sir,
I am Saurav Agarwal. I have given my 10th ICSE Board exam. I want to study Science in Higher Secondary. Can you tell me if I study Science in Higher Secondary then what will be the scope/outcomes I get? Please tell me except Engineering or Medical courses. Thank you!

27th April 2015, 10:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope/outcome of Science in Higher Secondary other than Engineering and Medical?

After completion of your 12th standard with Science stream, you have a lot of chances to pursue your higher studies. You can pursue your higher studies in any of the following courses mentioned below :-
--> Chattered Accountancy
--> Hotel Management
--> Bachelor of Business Administration
--> Fashion Designing
--> Bachelor of Computer Applications
--> Bachelor of Science
You can opt for any course in which you are interested from the list of above mentioned courses. If you are interested to join in Indian Defence services like Indian Army/Navy/Air Force, you can appear in NDA examination and you can join in NDA after completion of your 12th standard.
28th April 2015, 02:29 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope/outcome of Science in Higher Secondary other than Engineering and Medical?

Below are the list of different courses which can be done apart from medical and Engineering.

Forensic Science:

1. B.Sc in Forensic Sciences

2. Diploma in F/Sciences (Ballistics and Finger Prints)

3. B. Sc in Forensic Sciences

4. B. Sc in Life Science, Chemistry, Forensic Science

5. Diploma in Forensic Science (Cyber Crimes)

6. Diploma in Forensic Science (Computer Forensics)

7. Diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science for Police personnel

Zoology:

1. B.Science (Hons) in Zoology

2. B. Sc in Zoology and Animal Biotechnology

3. B. Science in Aquaculture (Fishery Microbiology)

4. B. Sc in Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology

5. B. Sc in Zoology

Biotechnology:

1. B.E. in Biotechnology

2. B.Tech (Industrial Biotechnology)

3. Diploma in Biotechnology

4. B.Science in Biotechnology

5. B. Sc in Biotechnology and Bio informatics

Agriculture:

1. B.Sc (Agriculture Mktg and Business Management)

2. B.Sc (Bio-chem and Agricultural Chemistry)

3. B. Sc in Crop Physiology

4. B. Sc in Entomology

5. B. Sc (Hons) in Agriculture

6. B. Sc in Agriculture.

7. B.Science in Agricultural Eco and Farm management

8. B. Sc in Agricultural Statistics

9. B. Sc in Agronomy

10. B. Sc in Agricultural Meteorology

11. B. Sc in Agricultural Biotechnology

Geology:

1. B.Sc (Hons) Geology

2. PG Diploma in Geology (Ground water)

3. PG Diploma in Environmental Geology

4. PG Diploma in Engineering Geology

5. B. Science in Geology

Textile:

1. Diploma in Fabrication Tech and Erection Eng

2. B.E in Textile Technology

3. Diploma in Textile Tech

4. Diploma in Textile Eng

5. B.E in Man Made Fiber Technology

6. B.E in Textile Chemistry

7. Microbiology:

8. Diploma in Clinical Microbiology

9. Diploma in Clinical Pathology

10. B.Science in Microbiology

11. Diploma in Industrial Microbiology

12. B.Science (Hons) in Microbiology

Food Technology:

1. B. Sc in Food Processing and Technology

2. B. Sc in Food Storage, Preservation and Food Tech.

3. B. Sc in Food Technology (Bio-Chemical Engineering)

4. Diploma in Fish Processing Technology

5. Diploma in Sugar Technology

6. B. Sc in Food Preservation and Processing

7. B. Sc in Food Processing
28th April 2015, 06:47 PM
PATHGUIDE

Very good question at your level. As you have just passed in your 10th standard this is the time where students should confidently choose their stream from Science/Commerce/arts as per your future goals.

This is social thinking that if a student have done 12th std with science then he/she will going to study engineering , similarly if he/she have chosen biological sciences then will become a doctor.

But scenario is totally different there are so many options for a science/medical science/commerce science students.
Science students can opt for following courses other than engineering stream:
Computer science
IAS/IPS
Bank PO/Clerical posts
Hotel administration
Architecture
Fashion designing
Business management
Animation
Physiotherapist (PCB)
Drug inspector (PCB)
Medical officer (PCB)
Lecturer/professor
MBA
Child development
Social services
etc
28th April 2015, 07:41 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am Saurav Agarwal. I have given my 10th ICSE Board exam. I want to study Science in Higher Secondary. Can you tell me if I study Science in Higher Secondary then what will be the scope/outcomes I get? Please tell me except Engineering or Medical courses. Thank you!
Yes, if you chose to be a science student then ofcourse you will be going to the Medical field, no doubt in this. So, you can go for the position of Researcher as well as medical apprenticeship as well as you can go for the Civil services too. You can go for the medical Medical representatives as well as medical Practitioner. You can have your own chemist shop, with medium business.
29th April 2015, 04:22 PM
rishi gupta111
Junior Member+

You have so many options avilable other than the Enginerring and medical line. Every path is open for you and according to your knowledge and interest you choose anyy one of themm.. i telling you so many courses in which you may be make your carrier.

1 . BSC is a gud option .
2. You also go in the steam of commerce . Banking , Markiting etc.
3. Hotel management is also a better option.
4. Indian navy and NDA is also avilable for you.
Etc
29th April 2015, 06:12 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Studying science in Higher Secondary provides huge scope for students to shape career is better way according to their interest.
Generally,we think that engineering and medical is last step for science students after Higher Secondary.
But, it is not so, science provide infinite scope for students such as
-Defence Jobs through NDA or CDS(After graduation)
-Banking sector as Clerk/Probationary Officer
-Management in various courses as Hotel/Rural/Business
-Bachelor and Masters in Computer Application
-Civil Services like IAS/IPS/IFS
-Forensic related jobs
and many more sectors available as interest of students.

Also, student can opt for Higher Study for Knowledge as well as research related jobs .

So, your choice must be done wisely according to your interest for better future.
30th April 2015, 01:16 PM
Abhijeet pathy

Students always thought that if they choose the science they will get admission in engineering or in medical but by doing this they skip many important line... they can proceed for Bsc and for Msc after that they can appear NET .after passing in this test the can complete their Phd in the respective subject .and get a job in a reputate universities as a assistant proffeser.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?