17th December 2014, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Which has bright future BCA or Diploma in Computer Science?

Hi, I have completed my 12Th (science) with biology and now I come to know that i have some good skills in computer so which has bright future bca or diploma in Cs?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is better for me to have bright future between BCA and BHBM?
  2. After completing Computer Science and Engineering what should I do for a bright future?
  3. Can BCA-MCA lead me to a bright future? I am a science student with 83% in 12th
  4. Is BSc or BCA course a good choice after diploma in computer science?
  5. Will there be any Lateral Entry Scheme into 2nd year of BCA after completion of 3 years Diploma in Computer Science?
  6. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
  7. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  8. What should I do choose between MBA and Mass Communication after completing BCA? Which is better for a bright future?
  9. How to get a good percentage after passing 12th commerce? Which computer courses to do for a bright future so that I could get a good salary?
  10. Courses which I should take after 12th science so as to have a bright future?
  11. Jobs in future after BCA? What additional courses to do?
  12. How do I get a government job in future after completing diploma computer science and engineering?
  13. Can i apply for BCA with AMIE after passing diploma in computer science and technology with 72%
  14. List of courses to do after completion of Diploma in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What should I do to have a bright future in computer field? Should I do BSc, MCA, B.Tech, Networking?
  16. Can i join BCA after completion of Diploma in Computer Science? Duration of this course?
  17. Which course would be good for me after completing diploma in computer science engineering?
  18. After Diploma in Computer Science what further studies I can do?
20th December 2014, 03:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which has bright future BCA or Diploma in Computer Science?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. To be eligible to pursue BCA course, you must have completed your 12th standard with Mathematics from a recognised board. Since, you have completed 12th standard with Biology, you are not eligible for BCA or Diploma in Computer Science course. If you are interested to do a course related to Computers, then, you can pursue Diploma in Computer Science based on your 10th standard but on your 12th standard. So, you are eligible to pursue Diploma in Computer Science and after completion of this course, you can pursue B.Tech course by appearing for LEET examination and after completion of B.Tech course, you can find many job opportunities in both private and government sectors.
20th December 2014, 06:31 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my 12Th (science) with biology and now I come to know that i have some good skills in computer so which has bright future bca or diploma in Cs?

Doing do Bachelor degree course gives you more value than a Diploma course.Having completed +2 you can apply for doing BCA which is of 3 years duration course.To do this course you need to have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with Mathematics as subject.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the course,and the top colleges for BCA in India are:

# Christ University
Hosur Road, Bangalore

# Madras Christian College
Velachery Main Road, East Tambaram, Chennai

# Institute of Management Studies
A-8B, IMS Campus, Sector-62, Noida

# Department of Computer Applications, SRM University
3 Veerasamy Street, West Mambalam, Chennai

# Women Christian College
No. 51, College Road, Nuhgambakkam, Chennai

# University College Kurukshetra

# DAV College
Chandigarh

# Xavier Institute of Computer Application
Ahmedabad

# Maharani Laxmi Ammanni College For Women
Bangalore

# St. Xavier College
Mapusa, Goa

Regards
~Jxsab~
20th December 2014, 08:28 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as Computer Science stream is concerned, I suggest you to go for "Diploma in Computer Science". Yes, there is good scope for candidates who pursue Diploma in Computer Science rather than BCA.The courses which you can do after BCA and Diploma in Computer Science have been provided below.You need to get strong command over Hardware, HTML, Java, C, C++, .Net, Networking, Database courses to be in race.
Career Opportunities after BCA:
B.C.A - Bachelor of Computer Applications
Soon after successful completion of BCA Bachelor Degree, you May go for courses such as MCA (Master of Computer Application), PGDCA (Post Graduation Diploma in Computer Applications), MCM (Master Degree in Computer Management), MBA such courses.
Career Opportunities after Diploma in Computer Science:
Duration of Diploma in Computer Science is 03 years, after completion of Diploma course candidates will be allowed to join 2nd Year of B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science discipline.So after 3 years of B.Tech/B.E study student would be certified as an "Computer Science Engineer".After completion of B.Tech/B.E candidate may continue their studies to get M.E/M.Tech degree.
Why Diploma in Computer Science & Why not BCA ?
Many Core and IT Information Technology Companies offer good number of jobs to B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech candidates.So IT companies recruit young and dynamic candidates from the above professional courses, recruit less in number (for MCA candidates).
20th December 2014, 08:55 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Be it BCA or Diploma in CS, both has got a brighter future in today's corporate world.

It depends on you as to which course you wish to enroll in, and carry your studies further.

But do keep in mind one thing that after doing BCA or Diploma in CS, in either case you will not get a high profile job, you will have to go for higher studies to get a good job.

Some of the good computer based courses after Diploma in CS that you can go for is:

1. JAVA

2. DBMS

3. Web Designing

4. A+Certification

5. Oracle DBA

6. PHP

7. SQL etc.

You should thus have a good knowledge of computer for doing these courses, you should know C, C++ that will make it much easier or you to do the above mentioned courses.

Some of the courses after BCA that you can do are:

1. MCA (best suited course after doing BCA).

2. MBA.

If you want to go for programming field then you can go for certificate courses like;

1. JAVA

2. DOT NET

3. C

4. C++ etc.

Now it up to you as to which field you select and proceed with the aim of making a good career.
13th April 2015, 07:51 PM
kunalroy89

As you have not mentioned about Mathematics in your subjects,you will not be eligible for BCA.
Although BCA is higher degree than Diploma but better option would be to go for Diploma.
The reason behind this is that you can have admission in diploma based upon 10th marks and not 12th where your lack of mathematics as a subject renders you ineligible for BCA.

More importantly,if you want to go for IT firms then B.Tech is better option than BCA.
And after Diploma you will be eligible for admission into B.tech from 2nd year through lateral entry test.
Even if you get into BCA somehow then for a good job at top level you need to complete MCA.
Timewise you could almost use the same years to get a B.tech Computer Science and get a better scope at IT jobs and other jobs as well.
10th June 2015, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Can i do b tech in computer science after completing diploma in the same subject
15th April 2018, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Is there any difference in computer science and computer engineering and Jobs after that.
14th June 2018, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

I am 12th pass with pcm now tell me which is better government collage of diploma in. Computer science or bca private
13th July 2019, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

Bca has good scope in future and it%u2019s average salary after completing Bca
20th September 2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

I am completed 12 th what I will do bca or diploma in computer engineering
13th June 2021, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best diploma in computer science and engineering or B.C.A
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?