30th September 2016, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

How many years would it take to complete the diploma course?

How many years would it take to complete the diploma course? Can you please tell me is it good to take the diploma course or not? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the course? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon!

30th September 2016, 08:51 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years would it take to complete the diploma course?

Diploma is three year as well as two year duration course. The duration of course will vary with your present educational qualification.

For the candidates who have passed only 10th it is three year course whereas for one who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper it will be of two year.

Yes, of course it is a better course and job oriented course. There is no disadvantage of pursuing any degree.
30th September 2016, 09:24 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The course duration for diploma is :-

3 years after 10th from any recognised board.

2 years after completing the 10+2 from recognised board with PCM.

Yes, it is a better option to pursue diploma degree if you want to get technical degree.
30th September 2016, 11:17 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

It will take 3 years to complete the Diploma course after completion of your 10th standard. If you opt for Diploma course after completion of your 12th standard or two years ITI course, then the duration of Diploma course is 2 years. The advantage of Diploma course is that you gain more practical knowledge by pursuing this course when compared to other courses. There will be not any disadvantage of pursuing Diploma course.
30th September 2016, 01:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Personally I would like to suggest you to pursue a degree course in any stream in which you are interested from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks in comparison to pursue diploma course because after completion of your diploma course you are not eligible to appear in any degree level government jobs exam such as civil services, RTO, PO etc. Most of diploma courses have duration of 3 or more years and similary minimum duration required to complete a degree course is also 3 years hence you should definitely go for a degree course.
30th September 2016, 01:34 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is a certificate level course which can be pursued after completion of 10th standard or 12th standard. The normal duration of Diploma course is 3 years. If in case, the candidate has completed 12th standard or two years ITI course then, they can get direct admission in second year of Diploma course, so, the duration is two years.

Yes, it is best to take the Diploma course after completion of your 10th standard. Diploma course is designed in such a way that candidate can gain more practical knowledge along with theoretical knowledge and the candidate who have completed Diploma course can easily find a job in the related field.
30th September 2016, 02:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The duration of the Diploma or Polytechnic course generally lasts for about 3 years. Yes, this Diploma course can be pursued after completion of 10th Class. The diploma course is a Undergraduate course in 10+3 pattern from a recognized university. After successful completion of this Diploma course, you are required to appear in Engineering Entrance Examination and based on the score you secure in the exam you will be getting admission laterally in B.E/ B.Tech. You will be directly joining the 2nd year of B.E/ B.Tech course after successful completion of Diploma course.

Yes, Diploma course is the best course if you are really willing to get good command over core concepts. I suggest this Diploma course is best for boy candidates and somewhat disadvantageous of Girl candidates.
30th September 2016, 02:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many years would it take to complete the diploma course? Can you please tell me is it good to take the diploma course or not? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the course? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon!

The Diploma course duration is three years, so it will require three years to complete the diploma course. The students after completion of 10th standard shall be eligible to join Diploma course. The admission will be done on the basis of marks scored in the diploma entrance examination conducted by the State Board of Technical Education. There is also lateral entry in diploma admission; the students will be admitted directly to the second year, so the duration is only two years. The 10+2 science or vocational students and 10th + ITI students are eligible to apply for diploma lateral entry.
30th September 2016, 03:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You have not mentioned your present qualification. Suppose if you are 10th passed then you can first go for diploma course in any stream and then you can choose same stream at bachelor's degree. It will make you eligible for good jobs in technical field. You can select stream at diploma level according to your interest.

The advantage of diploma course after tenth is that it prepares a sound base for higher technical courses. But if you choose diploma after 12th, it is disadvantageous as you again have to go for degree, one extra year of study. It takes three years to complete diploma.
30th September 2016, 03:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is a three year course. After completing Diploma one get direct admission in B.Tech second year. It has many advantages but no disadvantages according to me. You get government jobs easily with good payments and facilities and many more.
1st October 2016, 01:01 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Diploma course is of 3 years and is a very good option to opt for if you wish to opt for it. You will obtain a technical degree after the completion of he course, you can also opt for higher studies after the completion of the course via lateral entry in to B.Tech course from a recognized University, if you wish to opt for it.

So, I would personally suggest you to opt for it if you wish to and should not just stay back thinking.
24th September 2018, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

Can we complete diploma in 7 years? I start diploma in 2013 now due. To personal problem am giving 4 semester exam in 2018.. Can I complete my 5 and. 6 sem in 2019?
26th August 2019, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me that can i complete diploma in 6 years ?
27th September 2019, 04:05 PM
diya123divya

The diploma programs that follow a semester pattern have a planned duration of four years, with three years of study and one year for industrial training and internship.
Engineering diploma courses can be divided into two types depending upon the basic entrance qualification required. Internship training diploma is very important to gain industrial skill and knowledge in one year or more.
2nd October 2019, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

I am 2014 batch student i will clear my backlogs, please tell me how many years eligible for clear my course
21st January 2020, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Please I want to know the pass mark
27th January 2020, 09:31 AM
amishkuma

Hi,
After class 10th any recognized board in India , you complete diploma course in 3 years and
after class 12th complete in 2years and
after completion of graduation complete in 1 year6.
15th June 2020, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

I am in 2014 beach when I completed my
5th July 2021, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

my son has taken an admission in diploma in 2016 after std - 10 In it he had completed 3 semester then he an accident and he was in bed 2 years then due to covid -19 in 2019-2020 he had a gap of 2 years so I want to know can he start his diploma course again or not ? Please reply us soon
8th September 2022, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I have joined the diploma in 2014 minimum year complete diploma
15th September 2022, 12:37 PM
varadha naveen

sir i have 5 backlogs sir please solve this problem sir plaese tell me any answer for this question sir ?
15th September 2022, 12:41 PM
varadha naveen

Angry Re: How many years would it take to complete the diploma course?

sir i have 5 backlogs sir how it is possible sir i have join next BE sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?