24th November 2015, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

JEE mains exam eligibility after completing diploma? Can I get seat in second year of Engineering in IIT?

I am a student of diploma. Can I appear for JEE mains? If I go through can I get seat in second year? Hi sir please let me as soon as possible. I am looking for a quick response from your side.

25th November 2015, 11:30 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: JEE mains exam eligibility after completing diploma? Can I get seat in second year of Engineering in IIT?

No, being a Diploma student, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Mains examination. IITs does not offers lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advanced examinations are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination and you cannot get admission in IIT.
25th November 2015, 12:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: JEE mains exam eligibility after completing diploma? Can I get seat in second year of Engineering in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of diploma. Can I appear for JEE mains? If I go through can I get seat in second year? Hi sir please let me as soon as possible. I am looking for a quick response from your side.
You have completed diploma course so you are eligible for JEE Mains exam.

Yes, lateral entry is accepted by IIT.

If you have 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE mains exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
25th November 2015, 06:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately, IITs don't offer lateral entry admission and there are no seats specified for this entry. Only first year admission seats are available in IITs and if you are a diploma holder then you have to look for any other institute or college.

You are not eligible for JEE mains and there is separate lateral entry exams like JELET, LEET etc for diploma holders. Therefore, apply for lateral entry exams for admission in any other engineering college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?