11th June 2013, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

How can I get admitted in B.Tech course?

how can i admit in B. Tech course?...please tel me the details

11th June 2013, 05:13 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admitted in B.Tech course?

You can apply for the Bachelor of Technology course only after finishing 12th standard. In 12th standard your subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Otherwise you won't get admission.

Before applying you should choose a stream of engineering in which you want to complete Bachelor of Technology. There are several options such as:

Aerospace

Automobile

Aeronautical

Electrical

Electronics and Communications

Mechanical

Civil

Computer Science

IT

Now you will have to appear for a entrance exam. Till last year candidates used to appear for 2 major entrance exams.

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

The AIEEE was conducted for 15% All India seats in Engineering which included National Institutes of Technology while the IIT-JEE entrance exam was conducted for the Indian Insitutes of Technology.

Apart from these entrance exams candidates also used to appear for state level entance exams like:

MHA-CET

GUJ-CET

UPSEE

The AIEEE and IIT-JEE have been replaced with a single entrance exam. It is called JEE which means Joint Entrance Exam. It has not only replaced two major national level entrance exams but some states like Maharashtra have also migrated to JEE.

There are two stages of the Joint Entrance Exam.

JEE Mains

JEE Advanced

The JEE Mains is the replacement for AIEEE. Those who want admission for 15% All India seats should appear for the JEE Mains.

The JEE Advanced is for the admission in Indian Institutes of Technology. You will also have to appear for JEE Mains to appear for JEE Advanced.

JEE Eligibility

1. Candidate should have finished 12th standard.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be subjects.

3. 3-4 years diploma from AICTE recognized college is also accepted.

4. There is no percentage criteria.

5. You will first appear for the JEE Mains.

6. Only the top 150,000 candidates who clears it can appear for JEE Advanced.

7. The age limit is 25 years for the JEE.

8. It is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.

9. There are 3 consecutive attempts for the Joint Entrance Exam.
12th June 2013, 06:30 PM
rinku6

Default Re: How can I get admitted in B.Tech course?

If you want to get admission in B.Tech then you must appear for AIEEE entrance exam after clearing this you can get admission for B.Tech according to your obtained scores.

Following are the courses offering in B.Tech and their eligibility criteria :

B.Tech in Civil Engineering (CE)-

10 + 2 Examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects along with one subject Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology with minimum 50% and UPSEE / AIEEE qualified.

B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)-

10 + 2 Examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects along with one subject Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology with minimum 50% and UPSEE/ AIEEE qualified.

B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)-

10 + 2 Examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects along with one subject Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology with minimum 50% and UPSEE / AIEEE qualified.

B.Tech in Electrical Engineering (EE)-

10 + 2 Examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects along with one subject Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology with minimum 50% and UPSEE / AIEEE qualified

B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)

10 + 2 Examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects along with one subject Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology with minimum 50% and UPSEE/ AIEEE qualified.

B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)-

B.Tech in Information Technology (IT)-

B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (ME)-

Thanks..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?