19th March 2015, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to do Higher Secondary to study Diploma in Engineering course?

Sir/Mam,

Kindly tell me that for doing Diploma course
in Engineering I have to do Higher Secondary?
Is this necessary? I am studying in 10th standard now.
Please let me know as soon as possible.

22nd March 2015, 06:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do Higher Secondary to study Diploma in Engineering course?

No, it is not necessary to do Higher Secondary to study Diploma in Engineering course. You can study Diploma in Engineering course immediately after completion of your 10th standard. To get admission in Diploma in Engineering course, you need to appear in Diploma entrance examination conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year Diploma in Engineering course.
22nd March 2015, 10:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do Higher Secondary to study Diploma in Engineering course?

10th pass is the minimum qualification required for Diploma in Engineering course. If you have studied 10th from a recognized board with Maths and Science subjects then you can definitely apply for admission without any doubt. Admission is based on the performance in the polytechnic entrance exam conducted by the state technical council. Most of the polytechnic entrance exam have a upper age limit for 21 years. Some of them don't have any upper age limit and just 10th qualification is enough to make them eligible for this exam. The rank in the entrance exam will decide the college in which you will get admission.
24th March 2015, 12:13 AM
MECHANICAL POWER

Dear friend ,
it is not necessary to do Higher Secondary for diploma. But if u do this then you can take admission direct in second year diploma through various entrance exam.
I think if you take admission in diploma , after 10th that will be better .
26th March 2015, 01:52 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No my friend it is not necessary to do higher study for Diploma in Engineering Course. You can join Diploma in Engineering after your 10th Standard. You just need to give an entrance exam for getting admission in Diploma from reputed college. After exam college will be allotted as per your score in entrance exam.

After 10th standard diploma is of 3 year course.They will give you a Diploma Certificate after completing it. After that you may proceed to Engineering field through LEET Entry.
8th April 2015, 01:21 PM
kunalroy89

Higher secondary is not needed to be eligible for diploma.You need to have completed 10th to be eligible for admission into diploma course.
Keep checking where you want to pursue diploma and appear for their entrance exams,if any.
It is good to go for diploma after 10th as diploma after 12th wastes your 2years.You can also go for B.Tech after diploma through lateral entry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?