17th March 2015, 03:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?

Sir/Madam,
I would like to inform you that I am Sagar Roy citizen of India going to appear for Senior Secondary examination under National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) in Assam. Now I want to know that after passing from this institute whether I will be able to get admission in CBSE Board for Higher Secondary or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to study Science in Higher Secondary?
  2. Courses available for a candidate who has secured 50% in Senior Secondary from NIOS Board?
  3. Is it possible to appear only in Mathematics exam of NIOS for Higher Secondary Commerce student?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission for BBA or BBM with any of the US universities being a candidate of pursuing SSC course form NIOS?
  5. Which course to study after passing NIOS senior secondary for a better future?
  6. Possibility to study MBBS for 12th NIOS student?
  7. Is CBSE or State Board best for Senior Secondary?
  8. Can I be eligible to give Sr Secondary exam from NIOS at the same year?
  9. Failed in NIOS 12th and now can I take fresh admission in NIOS in other state?
  10. Can I study Higher Secondary from CBSE Board after completing 10th from Bihar Board?
  11. Can we apply for MBBS course after finishing NIOS senior secondary course in P,C,B? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. ISC, CBSE or PSEB, which is better to study in Higher Secondary for Software Engineer aspirant?
  13. How can I apply for a student visa in USA after gaining certification from NIOS or will I be applicable to take admission in any College under Recognized University in USA with this Senior Secondary Certificate?
  14. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  15. Am I eligible for MBBS after doing senior secondary from NIOS?
  16. Eligibility to reappear in 12th after 4 years?
  17. After 12th from NIOS can I get admission in B.Sc at Calcutta University?
  18. Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
19th March 2015, 09:43 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?

Yes, you are eligible for CBSE board if you have completed your class 10th with good result, no matter which board you belong to until if you fulfil the criteria then you are eligible for that board

The basic documents you need at the time of admission in any of the CBSE school:

> Last school attended record of your previous school.

> Migration certificate of your board.

> Transfer certificate of your previous school.

> Class 10th result.

> Original date of birth certificate.

NOTE: School admission is done totally on the merit basis if you fulfil the admission criteria of school than you are eligible for admission.
20th March 2015, 05:14 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?

Yes, you will get admission. Every higher secondary school looks for candidates with a good percentage in their 10th standard. The second thing they look at is whether the course was a proper degree course or not. Distance education does not matter. The course should be done by proper government affiliated school or institute. If not then the degree will not have a value. There are so many private students who give 10th standard board examinations every year. All of them get admitted to higher secondary schools. Only thing is that you must not fail in any subject in the final examination. You must score well above the cut-off set by the higher secondary school to admit students. Otherwise students scoring higher than you will get a chance. So concentrate on your aggregate score and make it as high as possible.
28th May 2019, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

If I give class 12th exam from NIOS and I pass them and after that I want to apply for cbse boards exams can I apply for it too?
28th May 2019, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

If I give 12th exams from NIOS and I pass them and after that I want to apply for cbse boards can I?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?