7th January 2015, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I study undergraduate program on Diploma basis without Higher Secondary Education?

Hello
I have appeared for my 10th standard
ssc examinations and wanted to know
whether i could do my diploma in
marine engineering and then do
my degree instead of doing my H.S., 11th and 12th????

10th January 2015, 01:09 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study undergraduate program on Diploma basis without Higher Secondary Education?

Yes, you can definitely pursue your diploma course in marine engineering after your tenth and then pursue degree course on completion of your diploma course. There is no need to pursue Higher Secondary. However, you have to pursue your degree course in Marine Engineering only since you will be opting for it in your diploma level. You can get admission in the second year of the degree course directly after completion of your diploma course through Lateral Entry scheme. You need to give LEET exam conducted by State Technical Board of Education and various private universities. On the basis of the rank in that, you will get seat in the engineering institutes through Lateral Entry for degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?